Quantcast

Small Titted Birds - Are Natural Breasts Best?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
This year we are roasting a free range heritage turkey that has been feed a vegetarian diet that is hormone and antibiotic free. We have no particular agenda to push with this choice but, in reading up on commercial turkeys, it’s interesting to note that your typical self-basting water injected turkey has breasts so big they couldn’t stand up if they wanted to. This also makes think the world has under estimated the talents of Pamela Anderson who not only stands up but can also sometimes run. 

We're not roasting until tomorrow so if you have natural turkey roasting experience I'd like to hear about it. :)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I don't have anything against artificially enhanced bird breats as those are probably all I've been exposed to. What I've noted so far are breasts about 1/3 smaller on the natural bird.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
We eat Turkey dinner 3 or 4 times a year. Wild turkeys have very small breasts. My Dad got a store bought bird and cooked it up. Everyone eat all the white meat and leftovers got made into soup. Breasts were huge! I was hoping for a sandwich. $130 jar of soup instead....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The Turkeys my in-laws raise get huge and tasty. We feast on one for days and make soup at the end. It's delicious and satisfying to know it was raised on site and there is the opportunity for more.

This year the bird fed 14 people on Turkey day, had 3 days of leftovers, one pot of soup, and still has some meat in the freezer. I couldn't imagine how many meals we would get if my wife and I cooked one of these giants at home.