Quantcast

Snoqualmie Soliloquy

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Backcountry is dead, methinks not.

Could not the semblance of the old spirit of exploration and adventure not be observed and recorded.

Though the flame may flicker only for the seers who endeavor forth in the forest, certainly the passion of singletrack riding shall ever be extinguished.

Deep into the mountainous terrain, like a swimmer far into the ocean, resting and contemplating before the return back with the tides.

Now a part of it, like riding a leaf in the wind.

We are strong as we are vulnerable to the perils of nature, it's not a battle, more of a search for the proper form and grace to flow to it's dictates.

A contrast, a blur, a blending of disciplines of technique accompanied by fitness, perfectly balanced by fortitude and determination. The price is energy, manifested by sweat, and sometimes a payment of blood and flesh is due.

But in return for the perspective of measuring ourselves through nature, we can only round the next corner in awe as she encompasses us the seekers of singletrack, the wheeled wayfarers, the free.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
looking good Tim! Glad that your out there tearing it up. I'd love to join you one of these weekends... I guess that I'll hit you up and see if your still riding once apple/hop harvest is over and I can get a day off.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
You make WA look like a very decent option for mountain biking. :)
Yah now if i could only get some time to actually ride.:)

i'm really stoked on our dual slalom course we're building.

Hi a bunch of cool people i've ridden with and some whom i've almost ridden with in this thread!:)