Quantcast

Snow Shoe conditions

Jun 11, 2004
I'm leaving for Snow Shoe this Saturday!!!! And I'll be staying for a week. So I was curious as to how the conditions are right now? I saw some pics from a race a couple of weeks ago and it looked pretty muddy. Is it still that muddy or has it dried up? I guess I'll bring the fender for sure ;)

Also, where can I get a season's pass? I'll be there for a week and also plan on coming back up for a few days at the end of August.

Thanks in advance for any info!

David

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
as for conditions, it's snowshoe and it's gonna be wet..... if it's dry be suprised......

as for obtaining a pass, you can do this at what they call the M.A.C. center or Mountain Adventures Center, a.k.a. big ass bike shop in the village..... maybe I'll see ya up there at some point and time, what are you riding?

Jun 11, 2004
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
He rides a Bullit and I bet you any amount of ca$h he will be wearing these shorts
DAMN right I will be wearing those shorts!! Those are my fav riding shorts!! Your just jealous you don't have a pair........Robert! :nuts:

Hey Castle.........I'll be riding there Mon. 7/5 thru Fri. 7/9..........so maybe I'll see you out there!

2003 Bullit black
black Supter T
no more MRP........e.thirteen
profiles
saddle has grey duct tape holding it together! :)

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
demolition dave said:
DAMN right I will be wearing those shorts!! Those are my fav riding shorts!! Your just jealous you don't have a pair........Robert! :nuts:
Shut up Dave

I am not jealouse of your shorts, maybe that you are getting to SnowShoe before me

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Some friends were up there last weekend. They said it was pretty dry for Snowshoe. Apparently some work's been done on the expert course as well. Much smoother and benched out in some of the spots in need.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
bagtagley said:
Some friends were up there last weekend. They said it was pretty dry for Snowshoe. Apparently some work's been done on the expert course as well. Much smoother and benched out in some of the spots in need.
I had heard the same, but would never tell anyone snowshoe was dry, because knowing snowshoe it'd brew up a monsoon........

for whatever it's worth I was up there 2 weekends ago and the mud wasn't bad at all..... I could actually make runs without goggles, and without the bike gettin caked up.....

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Shut up Dave

I am not jealouse of your shorts, maybe that you are getting to SnowShoe before me
I will be riding there before you too Rob.
:blah:

Castle if you are there look for me on a Root Beer Bullit with a floating brake. I will be desparately trying to keep up with DeMo DaVe. :mumble:

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Sitting on your bike as it lays on its side watching other people ride by does not count Salami

Don't worry, there will be none of that. No scorching heat and **** pedaling!!

At least I will hit some of the stuff, Rob. How about Fish Falls, Rob?

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
2 weeks ago it was 70's during the day and mid 50's at night, so nice, oh yeah and for some odd reason there are very few bugs...

Jun 11, 2004
Castle said:
for whatever it's worth I was up there 2 weekends ago and the mud wasn't bad at all..... I could actually make runs without goggles, and without the bike gettin caked up.....
COOL! Thats good news!! Whatever the conditions are I'll be riding! But Rob posted this pic on www.freeridesouth.com and it scared me. LOL

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
That pic from the Nationals was after the monsoon at the end of the week just before Saturday practice and Sunday race. Early summer is usually pretty nasty like that, but when you get that much rain in a day........then have tons of bikers constantly stirring up a trail and it never having a chance to get somewhat dry stuff like that is bound to happen. Since then, the dh course has seen a lot of work done to it to make it rider friendly......benching, drainage, re-routing, etc.

That said, it has been pretty nice up here. No heavy rains as of late and the trails are holding up excellently. When it has rained, its only made the trails nice and tacky the next day. There is still mud to be found if you look in the right places, but for the most part the trails are dry, fast, and more than rideable. It hasn't rained at all this week and the forecast is calling for pretty nice weather all weekend long, chances of rain here and there, but nothing I would worry about as it's your typical summer weather forecast.

Jun 11, 2004
Hulkamaniac said:
That pic from the Nationals was after the monsoon at the end of the week just before Saturday practice and Sunday race. Early summer is usually pretty nasty like that, but when you get that much rain in a day........then have tons of bikers constantly stirring up a trail and it never having a chance to get somewhat dry stuff like that is bound to happen. Since then, the dh course has seen a lot of work done to it to make it rider friendly......benching, drainage, re-routing, etc.

That said, it has been pretty nice up here. No heavy rains as of late and the trails are holding up excellently. When it has rained, its only made the trails nice and tacky the next day. There is still mud to be found if you look in the right places, but for the most part the trails are dry, fast, and more than rideable. It hasn't rained at all this week and the forecast is calling for pretty nice weather all weekend long, chances of rain here and there, but nothing I would worry about as it's your typical summer weather forecast.
All GOOD NEWS!! I've never been to SS, but it looks like they have done a great job from the pics I have seen!! Can't wait to ride!!