Quantcast

Snowmobiles are Better than Mountain Bikes?

J

JRB

DRB said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6254919/

So now the ban on snowmobiles in National Parks has been overturned...... but MOUNTAIN BIKES ARE STILL BANNED. Can someone smarter than me explain that logic?

Dude - we can't use motored equipment where I am steward from March thru July. You can, however, buzz trees with helicopters, drive all over the place to watch the birds, shoot howitzers across the road, or shoot paint ball guns 50 ft from the area. You just can't do trail work. :confused:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
it is because snowmobiles (while i dont approve of them at all) dont do very much eriosiion, because there tearing up snow cover, but they do make lots of noise and pollute, i dont think id have a problem wiht them if they had 60 hrs power 4 stroke engines that are very noisless, instead they are 150horse power machines with noisy expansion muffler and 2 stokes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mt bikes aren't banned in National Parks...... but why in God's name would you want to ride your mt bike on the road?

BTW - I think if you look at the rule, snowmachines are going to be "re-allowed" into the parks and I'm pretty sure they have to remain on roadways.

-S.S.-