Quantcast

Snowshoe DH #3 pics - BW HOG

Tweety

Chimp
May 30, 2007
The wife and I drove up from Atlanta for our first DH race at Snowshoe this weekend. I guess it was my second DH race, if you count the first Carter’s Lake race, but that’s a 1:40 run time vs. a 6+ minute ride time... We got there Thursday LATE and rode Friday, Sat, and raced Sunday. We stayed at the pod right next to the start line, and went to bed Thursday PM to rain and muck. Friday was pretty greasy as well, but Saturday was nice….until it started to rain late Saturday PM. Sunday morning we awoke to more rain and grease. The course was more like Jelly than peanut butter at 9:00AM on race day. Fortunately, it dried nicely and was actually mostly tacky by race start. The pros probably had ideal conditions by afternoon. The wife and I raced intro and actually both ended up winning (much to our surprise!). We’ll be there next year, I suspect!

After our race, we took a crapload of pictures and a few vids. I’ve posted them all on my flickr account at
http://flickr.com/photos/9702821@N07/sets/72157607076803383/

Here are a couple of samples. The flickr link contains a series of sequence shots of the road gap. If you hit the road gap, your pictures are *likely* to be there.

Amateur Men

Chris Kring - HGR

Pro Women

Elite Men

Bangert from Specialized (2nd place)

Bizutch?

Levi from HGR–massive whip

Doug – probably the smoothest jump of the group

CJ

Tim Price – Specialized – took 3rd I think – NICE whip

Adam

Atlanta local, Ethan Quehl – mad style points!

And of course, Chris Herndon

Awards
Women 30-39 intro with wifey on the top!

Mens 30-39 intro

More...

…and then the camera died….

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
No tuck for the podium shot, nice!

Brace yourself for the inevitable wave of shameless "do you have photos of xxx number?" requests.

Tweety

Chimp
May 30, 2007
No tuck for the podium shot, nice!

Brace yourself for the inevitable wave of shameless "do you have photos of xxx number?" requests.

Yeah, I figured since there was no belt... :biggrin:

That's why I posted the URL to the flickr album. They can go look. :lighten:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Yessir...the one & only! Now...countdown starts til someone posts some pictures from the lower road gap. Nothing like jumping it first time in your race run..hah hah. Possibly my fastest 2 wheel drift ever upon landing. After I landed, I just sort of forgot about the rest of my run. :D

mudmason1

Chimp
Sep 25, 2006
ok seriously folks i am in the 6th pic down and i count over 11 people taking pictures! where are these pics i know they have to be out there!

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
That effing step down looks pretty big. It also looks butter. Nice job!
Can't wait to some day ride at Snowshoe. :cheers:

Butch how long have you been riding GT? First season?