Quantcast

SnowShoe in 12 days

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
1 MORE DAY - Hell less than 24 hours ! FVCKING RIGHT!!!!
Dude, there's this REALLY cool drug, called Xanax...in the modern vernacular, it could be referred to as a chill pill...You may consider asking your doctor about a prescription...As far as side effects...well, you already have all of them, so no worries!

:p

:D

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
mobius - see ya up there! i'm planning on leaving VA around 10PM tonight so i can get a full day of XC riding tomorrow. when you planning on coming up?

and for your sake, i hope they have the entire EMS team on stand-by! haha

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Hopefully i won't kill myself. Unfortunately I won't be able to leave till early saturday morning but i plan to be on the hill by 10.30.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Yeah i had a lapse in my life where for some reason I didn't wanna ride and was just busy as hell with interning and such. I woke up yesterday and realized i should probably goto snowshoe and i'll wanna ride again.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Yeah i had a lapse in my life where for some reason I didn't wanna ride and was just busy as hell with interning and such. I woke up yesterday and realized i should probably goto snowshoe and i'll wanna ride again.
Wow, Super genius! Actually, I'm glad your back...A little older and a little wiser.....BTW, how come I graduated before you?? :think:

:p

Where are you interning?

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Boo flat tires. Three flats in two days, one of them on my race run. Still, course was a blast, driest I think I've ever seen Snowshoe.

For anybody reading this that was camping at silvercreek on saturday night, i have one thing to say: MESSIN WITH SASQUATCH!

Mancil, heal up bro...ya big girl.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Boo flat tires. Three flats in two days, one of them on my race run. Still, course was a blast, driest I think I've ever seen Snowshoe.

For anybody reading this that was camping at silvercreek on saturday night, i have one thing to say: MESSIN WITH SASQUATCH!

Mancil, heal up bro...ya big girl.
YO...

connecting with the wildlife by agrivation!

I got a nice little blood blister from slamming that lid shut... :crazy: :happydance:

what a fvcking blast...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Great weekend!!!

I was taking the trash out Sun. morning at around 7, and got about 20 ft. from the dumpster and that big, 500lb black bear came out from behind it and gave me a big grunt!! Scared the living sh*t out of me......no need for coffee that morning....I was jacked up from there on out. He was huge---never been that close to one that wasn't in a cage.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I feel like I was hit by a truck -

I started my race run but only got to the 2nd fireroad before flatting.

Ralph - thank you for your help - That was super cool!!!!! I think everyone could tell I was a little out of it.
Saw your truck and bike in the lot and was hoping I would get a chance to run into you, but our paths just never crossed. Love the Spiderman on the handlebars.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I feel like I was hit by a truck -

I started my race run but only got to the 2nd fireroad before flatting.

Ralph - thank you for your help - That was super cool!!!!! I think everyone could tell I was a little out of it.
yeah a little out of it.....:crazy: Dude, you were knocked into last fvcking week.....Sh!t, I just cleared that section by the creek. stopped, turned to look at the line one last time, and here you came flying past me, full on speed. Dude I finally began to catch up when Mr. Monketyflip himself, Mr. MyfaceslidesoffdwhenIdrinkalotinthevillage, when he screamed rider down. He thought it was Adam, and when I told Steve I had to check, it was you...

Dude, your like a fvcking Timex, you took one hell o beatin, and you still kept on tickin. You got off of the lift, and you had NO idea what planet you were on. You were still mumbling "Wow, this is a GREAT opening weekend!" :p Damn dude you scared the sh!t out off me....

I'm so relieved your ok!!!!! yeah, dude, it's tribe, that's what do, you look out for your brothers and sister, NO questions asked....Tribe!

:thumb:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
The riders and staff at SS where great - everyone took great care of me. I know people bash SS sometime - but I never want to hear someone say something rude about the safety staff - THEY ROCK!!!
Did you go down near the bottom of the course, near where it splits where you can go over the boulder on the left or the go-around on the right? We saw someone hit pretty hard right there, and kind of drag themselves off the course. SK6 headed up in that direction when word got to the bottom the rider was pretty banged up.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Did you go down near the bottom of the course, near where it splits where you can go over the boulder on the left or the go-around on the right? We saw someone hit pretty hard right there, and kind of drag themselves off the course. SK6 headed up in that direction when word got to the bottom the rider was pretty banged up.
I went down in the first part of the S turn leading into the finish.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Dude, that was a nasty section. I came up on a guy right in the same spot. I think it might've been d.tate from this board. I asked him if he was ok but the only response he gave me was a groan and rolling over. I went up to get the course marshalls, but when I got back he was sitting up and talking. Luckily just had the wind knocked out of him and banged up pretty good. Glad to see it wasn't worse.

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
I wander why race #1's defending elite slalem and top ten dh finisher didnt make it for race 2? OH, maybe because he was discouraged after me calling him out after I busted him stilling my goggles.