Quantcast

Snowshoe Ridin (During First Race Weekend)

Mar 4, 2003
Somewhere in Alabama
So, a couple of buddies and me packed up our gear and headed up to Snowshoe this past Friday. We left Birmingham at 10pm and arrived at the village around 9:30am Saturday morning, just in time to get our bikes off the vehicle and grab a lift pass. Not much sleepin goin on, but who cares? It's Snowshoe. Saturday's riding conditions were top notch. In terms of Snowshoe's standards, the trails were pretty dang dry. We rode the Western Territory a little bit in the morning and then stuck to the freeride side after lunch. We did get a little bit of rain in the afternoon right around the time that I picked up my camera, so I didn't get too many pics, but here's a few:

The view of the lake below the freeride side was always welcomed at the end of each run

Cody on J

Me on the same trail

Ridin the S-berm in the rain (Sorry for the lack of height here, got a little sketchy in the wet)

Taking the shuttle back to the top after they closed the lifts due to weather

All in all, it was a sweet trip. Props to Herndon and Neko and all those who did well in the race on Sunday. And I also wanna say thanks to the trail crew up there, the trails are lookin even better than they did last year.

steve owens

Chimp
May 22, 2008
Hendersonville,N.C.
Looks like a newer bus. The seats were facing forward in the old one.I wonder if the same driver is there. Used to be mach 1 back up the mountain. Nice pics. Snowshoe gets real interesting when it is wet.