Quantcast

Snowshoe was busy this weekend

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
I saw alot of familiar face's far from home. We had a blast hitting the road gap!
Me and Brett sending it!
"Shorter version below"
bmbass.... you should have been there!

This place "ATE" bike parts this weekend.Clealan hucked a rock drop on Outlaw trail and it cost him a fork.And Brett spewed oil from his rear shock.:banana:

Last edited:

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Here is the same video shortened up a bit and zoomed in.

Also, I will get the video from the first attempt up here soon with Randy going straight over the berm after landing! haha

-Brett

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Here we go... Here is our first run-in at the Road Gap. Randy must have thought it would be smoother to go over the berm instead of through it! :thumb::rofl:

-Brett

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Fun weekend even though Snowshoe has checked out. Pretty much same trails since 2004 with lots and lots of trail closures. Not to mention all the new reroutes of classic Snowshoe trails (i.e. rocks and roots) to new bike park style trails. Why can't you leave the old trails alone and build new trails? Anyway, the bottom of Powerline has been redone and wow what a difference. Very good job. Nice easy tables and a few advanced jump options. Much better execution than Missing Link. We had a big train doing it on Sunday in the rain and it was still doable and a real blast. I ended up having my best time riding the Basin side (minus hucks to flat, I'm a racer not a hucker like Loo) on my trail bike. Here are a few vids of A and H.

Trail A

Trail H

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Ironically, I thought it was better in the rain. The lander was easier to ride wet. But that step-down works really well. Only me and Dave from my group hit it. Yes, that is a call all to all the sandy vags in my group. ;)

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Newest video uploaded! Check out that whip I do with the front wheel down on the step-up! haha Could'nt do that accident again! This is also showing where Clealan bruised his ovaries!

-Brett

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
Nice Brett. That part where you pitch your bike over in frustration is classic. At least you didn't show how I branded my calf on the front rotor trying to figure out what was wrong with my fork! :shocked:

EDIT- thanks for the vids Skyboss. I think we were posting at the same time

Last edited: