Quantcast

Snowshoe... Wheres the beef?

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
Cant Climb said:
err...........try 20 minutes.......

there are 25 million people within 45 minutes of Diablo.....
Diablo is an hour away from NYC, not 20 minutes..

Whats your point? Whistler is 3-4 hours away from Vancouver and yet people go there in droves. so you are saying that snowshoe isnt busy because of its location? if they build it, they will come.... so far, they havent really built it so NOONE comes.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
skatetokil said:
all that snowshoe needs to develop into a premier riding spot is a superhighway across the middle of WVA. Then the cash will pour into that place.
Yeah it's pretty isolated, but their ski season doesn't have a problem with it. That place is almost always packed on a good winter weekend.

I'm not gonna get involved in this pointless bickering that won't accomplish anything. But, I gotta say Snowshoe is a great place that's basically the only place I can do any real DHing nearby. I'd be down there every weekend if I had the money.

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
AlmostHeaven said:
HAHAHA

dude, you must really suck at riding. honestly.

or did you just get "Hairball'ed"? :thumb:

i'd like to see some pictures of natural terrain trails that even come CLOSE to rivaling anything on the Western side at Snowshoe. you either ride very very slow and don't think the trails offer much to crappy riders,or you TRY to ride fast and get it handed to you in a paper bag every 100 yards.

it's one or the other at Snowshoe. what's it gonna be?
Have you been to Diablo? Its obvious you havent...And if you have, you did not ride BMW, or Ripper at Diablo...Both of these trails EASILY rivals any at Snowshoe. In fact, they are ALOT more tech.

dru

Chimp
Jun 1, 2005
va
diablo 1 hour from nyc.
whistler 1.5 to 2 hours from vanc.
snowshoe 4 to 5 hours from dc.
I've made all these drives.

_bp

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Annandale
You know what's funny.
I'm pretty sure Snowshoe, Diablo and Whistler are all owned by the same people.

I saw it on the back of the shampoo bottle while at Snowshoe.

-brian

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Spacker your comments are idiotic. I was at the us open along with 2 other people who work at snowshoe those 2 being the main trail builders kalan and brad. I loved dominion and brad and kalan said "if mtn creek only had dominion i would buy a season pass just to ride it" so don't make a stupid remark like that when you don't know what you are talking about.

The us open had a huge gathering and so did monster park. Unless you go look at ticket sales you are not going to be able to prove it because we had over 450 riders here and you couldnt' tell because we had 2 lifts open so all the business wasnt at one lift like mtn creek.

Don't even bother trying to slander snowshoes employees when all ive heard from everyone is snowshoe has great employees they are so nice blahblahblah. I let a kid borrow the brake off my own bike because his brake broke. Did i have too? No. Did i for free? yes.

and for my closing
f*ck huckers-chris kovarik.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Simms said:
You've been around mikey too much :rolleyes:
it's in Earthed 2, Robin...GEEZ.

get with it! LUCKY!

_bp said:
You know what's funny.
I'm pretty sure Snowshoe, Diablo and Whistler are all owned by the same people.

I saw it on the back of the shampoo bottle while at Snowshoe.

-brian
Close, but not quite on the mark.

Snowshoe and Mountain Creek (Diablo) ARE owned by Intrawest,but I know for a fact that Wintergreen isn't. I grew up 30 minutes from Wintergreen and I'm not exactly sure who they're owned by....

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
thespackler said:
Both of these trails EASILY rivals any at Snowshoe. In fact, they are ALOT more tech.
once again, HAHAHA.

i'm starting to think you didn't even ride the Western Side at all.

describe 'tech' for me also. i'd like to see what your idea of 'tech' is since Snowshoe obviously has none according to you. i guess i'm just a big ol' pussy then. :eek:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
AlmostHeaven said:
once again, HAHAHA.

i'm starting to think you didn't even ride the Western Side at all.

describe 'tech' for me also. i'd like to see what your idea of 'tech' is since Snowshoe obviously has none according to you. i guess i'm just a big ol' pussy then. :eek:
yeah i dont think he did either, i rode quickdraw a few weeks ago worked (now i was on my doc :dead:). But snowshoe has some ugly steep slimey sh!t . How bout some of the drops coming in off of the top on the basin side, A,B, C :thumb:

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
lux said:
...the sound of Spackler on my ignore list. C'mon everyone, join me -- it's so peaceful!

:thumb: Yes it is.

BTW is he the same asshole who started these threads like this, about this time last year?

I just came from snow shoe, hit diablo then rode whiteface. I'm on my way to whistler and alaska but come on!!!!!!!! I guess if you want to ride at diablo and stand up on the lift for your next 2 minute run it is better, the park side of snowshoe is fun and has some gnarly little spots on it but the western side is great!!!! long fast runs that were once pro courses or future national downhill courses are what it's all about. Diablo has been pimping that stunt ladder to a rock yet it isnt on the maps, the whole 2005 new side has no mapping or signage and cripes people jam INTO the berms dont brake bump the hell out of them or they just turn into useless bump ridden turny hills...
Check out whiteface though if you are a diablo boy, it's another 4 hours but the trails are great, underpopulated and the black diamond stuff is crazy fun with steeps, mud, roots tons of rocks and always changing. North shore and michigan here I come!

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
thespackler said:
You all tip-toe around the topic... MARKETING HYPE.. Answer this then.... Why does snowshoe's ads say "the best just got better". If thats not hype than what is! Snowshoe is misleading people. My group drove there and we were like "we drove 9 hours for this ?$#%".... I think the reason why MANY people dislike snowshoe is their attitude. You dont see pkill, or wintergreent or Diablo saying things like "the best just got better". pretty lame...

Ok. IM done now. Say what you want about me, but you know what Im saying is correct.

Hey Moron,

It appears the only person they are misleading is you. Last year this time you posted the same bull****. You said you were mislead about the "hype". Yet you still went back there this year. If the "hype" got you last year, why did you give in to it and go again? :nuts:

You have 60 posts on this forum and almost EVERY one is bashing or arguing about how Diablo is better than someplace else. PLease keep riding at Diablo and don't ride anywhere else since it sucks and keep your worthless drivel to your self. :nopity:

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
I just went to Diablo this weekend, so I guess I should input something. I've been a couple of times to Snowshoe this season and last season.

Diablo is super dry, and super rocky. Half the trails are just all rocks, no soil to be found. There are some definately fun lines, some steep rock faces. Some cool ladder bridges too. The jump trail is cleaner then powerline(and steeper take offs :/ ), but then again powerline is a new trail. I also liked the lift a lot better. Overall, I thought a lot of the trails just didnt 'flow' as well as the snowshoe trails flow(park side). I also had more fun on the park side at Snowshoe, then the Diablo trails(personal thing i guess). That said, the terrains are very different between the 2 resorts, and some will like 1 better then the other. Diablo is most definately hardtail UNfriendly, and a dh bike is preferable. It's a 5:20 drive to Diablo(edit) from where I live in n.va, it's about 4:00 drive to Snowshoe.

-MV

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
A few pages back on this thread some dude attacked Can'tClimb and accused him of being an old schooler who can't ride jumps. Well man it's like this.If being a part of this sport since before your training wheels came off makes him old school then so be it , as far as not being able to ride jumps, you are way off base, what are you? a sport rider or an expert perhaps? Can'tClimb is Pro my friend and I'm purdy sure would smoke you on just about any terrain, jumps included. All he was doing was stating his personal preferances and discribing the differances in the the personalities of the two mountains in question, both venues are alot of fun and have differant things to offer, the whole arguement on this thread seems kinda silly to me, if you don't find loads of enjoyment at a lift assisted mountain with or with out man made features then maybe you should try golf or something.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
wood-dog said:
Diablo, Snowshoe, who is better? Blah, blah, at least you guys don't live in Oklahoma where the longest downhill run lasts about 32 seconds
Now there's someone with "perspective"! :D

We've got all this great riding just a few hours from our homes and we're bitchin' about who's better. We should be ashamed of ourselves!!!

STFUAR!

Mike

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
My dad can beat up your dad...and I live in a bigger house and have more friends than you do, poo-poo head! :eviltongu

Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, BITCH! I can't believe that there is nothing more creative to bitch about than this. We actually have multiple cool and varied lift-accessible riding options in the MidAtlantic now so what do we do? Get all cliquey and tribal on the silver and bronze resorts because they didn't take gold in our provincial little opinionated worlds! Why not try supporting them all and chatting less smack so that we don't have to endure another depressing closing ala Whitetail? If you absolutely cannot survive w/o ragging on someone else's favorite mountain, just spend an angry hour writing a trail review on eMpTy BeeR, then please ram your head into your monitor with a good running start before clicking 'enter'. Before unplugging it, then try licking the circuit board while clicking your high heels together three times. I guarantee that this will make you instantly more popular here and it will only cost you one used monitor to attain. :rolleyes:

Simms

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
summit county Colorado
llkoolkeg said:
My dad can beat up your dad...and I live in a bigger house and have more friends than you do, poo-poo head! :eviltongu

Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, BITCH! I can't believe that there is nothing more creative to bitch about than this. We actually have multiple cool and varied lift-accessible riding options in the MidAtlantic now so what do we do? Get all cliquey and tribal on the silver and bronze resorts because they didn't take gold in our provincial little opinionated worlds! Why not try supporting them all and chatting less smack so that we don't have to endure another depressing closing ala Whitetail? If you absolutely cannot survive w/o ragging on someone else's favorite mountain, just spend an angry hour writing a trail review on eMpTy BeeR, then please ram your head into your monitor with a good running start before clicking 'enter'. Before unplugging it, then try licking the circuit board while clicking your high heels together three times. I guarantee that this will make you instantly more popular here and it will only cost you one used monitor to attain. :rolleyes:
BRAVO!

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Don't get me wrong, I'm all about communicating your opinions over the web, sharing views that no one really cares about, and even good and proper flaming, but basing your argument on "I was tricked by marketing" is folly. What's the alternative? "We're a mediocre mountain, come ride here. Maybe you'll like it, maybe not."? If you want a legit fight about hype, uncover a conspiracy or two. Here's a couple that could be interesting if they were, ya know, not made up...

Diablo and Snowshoe employ a marketing team that is responsible for going onto web sites popular with riders and posting rave reviews on their forums to drum up business.

Or...

Diablo mountain employees forced to make blood oath to The God of the Underworld himself, Satan, to promote the mountain and wage mortal combat against employees from competing mountains. Fifteen dead in weekend carnage.

Now that sh*t I could get behind and care about!!