Quantcast

So I bought a POS Chinese 150cc scooter

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Ok, if you cant tell by the title this is a mega fail waiting to happen. Anyways, the most hilarious buying experience i've ever had!

So I went to this apartment complex with my buddy Brent (BMCarter) as I was going to ride the scooter home and he was going to drive my truck. She was asking $500 and from the pictures it seemed to be in pretty good condition. Well, we're walking down the long driveway to the back parking lot and we heard a scooter start up. I was thinking "perfect, at least it runs for being a pos." Well...about 3 seconds later I heard tires screech and a bang. We walk back there, the scooter is on the ground with plastic pieces around it and a dent in a car. Turns out these two chicks that owned it (literally Chinese lesbian dykes) both were starting it (one on the throttle and one using the kick starter...dead battery). Well, they lost control of it and hit the parked car.

Luckilly....I used this to get the thing for $200 telling them that the engine is now damaged (couldnt start it after the crash because it was flooded). Took it home and it started right up! It just needs a new tail light, left mirror and well...I don't like red scooters so it's getting a flat black paint job soon. Oh, and the auto clutch thing needs a part replaced since it barely wants to move forward right now (some pad looking things are worn down).

Anyways, super stoked I got it for $200 and thought it was way too funny that they crashed it as I'm walking up with the cash to buy it. I'm looking forward to not spending $400/month on diesel for my truck but only downside is I'll have to cary tools for when it breaks again.

P.S. Ignore the spelling

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ive bought a couple horrible cheap 49cc Chinese pocket bikes and "motorcycles." lets just say they quickly became parts for a bar stool scooter we are going to make. everything about their construction was horrendous.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
haha yeah. The cool thing is though I can actually get parts for this bike so it's not too bad :~ It gets the better reviews of all the knockoff ones so figure'd I'd go for it.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
the messenger where i work, has a chinese motorcycle.
the guy has put like 8k miles on it last year... and no problems whatsoever (besides the rattling, corrosion of course)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
When I was a early teen, we used to have these little epic mini races between a z50 and a pedal scooter aka moped. Neither's shocks worked at all and the battles were deadly. They revolved around our shoddy jumps and there was a washing machine/oil drum style Helltrack manuever you could only one foot the scooter across.

Epic. "sigh"

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Ok, so I got an issue with it. I still have not been able to ride it but got it starting perfectly every time and idiling way better, changed the oil even. Since it will not move forward and the belt is new I'm guessing it's the auto clutch thing and it needs to be replaced. Don't really care since I can get one for that scooter for $23 haha. Anybody have any experience taking those off of a scooter? It spins freely with a nut on the end. I've already tried an impact but my air compressor sucks and tried a wrench with a strap wrench holding the spining thing (yep, for somebody that works on cars I can describe things really well) and that failed also.

Any suggestions would be sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Oh and here's a photo of my chinese slave.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
..Movie trailer..

From Pro Mountain bike racer to red scooter owner. A slippery slope.

Kidding dude.. Have fun and jump shiit on that thing. Wear a helmet.
Haha oh I will be. I make up for the scooter with my dirtbike and my truck...but with diesel at $4.17...I need something to mob around town on. If I got a motard or a street bike I would probably be dead.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Haha oh I will be. I make up for the scooter with my dirtbike and my truck...but with diesel at $4.17...I need something to mob around town on. If I got a motard or a street bike I would probably be dead.
Scooters keep you from getting hit by cars? At least a motorcycle is reliable, fast enough to get out of its own way and way less gay.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Scooters keep you from getting hit by cars? At least a motorcycle is reliable, fast enough to get out of its own way and way less gay.
Well, and I don't have the money for a motorcycle. Find me one that runs just fine for $200 like what I paid for this beast! My Tank is the sickest thing ever....ok not really. It's a pos and I'll look super homo riding it but whatever.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Well, and I don't have the money for a motorcycle. Find me one that runs just fine for $200 like what I paid for this beast! My Tank is the sickest thing ever....ok not really. It's a pos and I'll look super homo riding it but whatever.
Your $200 scooter doesn't seem to be running fine, either

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, there are a lot of single-bike crashes which are caused by too much speed.