Quantcast

So, Middleburn, where are the outboard cranks?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I've been itching to get some new lighter cranks to ditch some weight and Middleburns sound like the hot ticket, but I want to run the outboards. I heard they were gonna be released this spring, but there's no sign of em. Anyone know what's going on w/ them, or what the expected weight/cost will be?

Thanks!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Maybe they actually have it in stock. Not likely though, it seems they never have anything in stock.

The weight of an outboard system is what attracts me. I think I'll wait to see it, rather than go ISIS (which I already have).

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Brian HCM#1 said:
I'll try to research it.
Awesome, thanks.

Hey, it looks like you really do have something to contribute to RM after all, besides the gratuitous "Buy Hope" comments. :D

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
$100 isn't THAT expensive for a new BB, and if it's guaranteed 10 years, I'd love it! Mine last me a year before creaking a play develop, if I'm lucky. I usually just learn to put up with it until the drag gets too bad. I may have to reconsider my current order from Universal for a FSA Platinum Pro Megaquad BB.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
Strictly speaking it should, it's just an ISIS with stupid wide bearings outside the bb shell. If Truvativ is using the standard ISIS specs then your reall incompatibility lies in the fact that your q-factor will be rediculous and your chainline will be waaaay off.

Banga

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
CreeP said:
Strictly speaking it should, it's just an ISIS with stupid wide bearings outside the bb shell. If Truvativ is using the standard ISIS specs then your reall incompatibility lies in the fact that your q-factor will be rediculous and your chainline will be waaaay off.

Nope the howitzer spline is different also.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
the spindle lenght for the howitzer is 128 so it should be perfect with middleburn cranks for demo8s vp frees and v10s.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
dhkid said:
the spindle lenght for the howitzer is 128 so it should be perfect with middleburn cranks for demo8s vp frees and v10s.
God damn, how many times does everyone knowledgeable have to say ISIS CRANKS DON'T WORK WITH HOWITZER BBS?!?!