Quantcast

So no-one's jumping on it?

drift1492

Chimp
Mar 19, 2002
LordOpie said:
it was the successor's tax cut that hurt the most.

And imagine if you saved $2000 for a new ride only to have your little brother blow YOUR money on GI Joe toys :devil:
EXACTLY why I'm not a big fan of Bush. I just didnt want people to think that Bush CAUSED the recession. Like you said it was bound to happen. Many of the leading indicators showed this prior to Bush taking office. He just was unluckly with timing, and made some bad decisions.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Striking Back
Monday, June 21, 2004
By Bill O'Reilly

The Bush administration strikes back against the deceptive media. I hope you were watching The Factor last night, when we established beyond a reasonable doubt that there were indeed ties between Al Qaeda (search) and Iraq, and that newspaper headlines denying that were misleading and/or downright wrong.

Vice President Cheney agreed. Here's what he had to say.

DICK CHENEY, VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: What "The New York Times" did today was outrageous. They do a lot of outrageous things, but the headline, "Panel Finds No Al Qaeda-Iraq Tie," the press wants to run out and say there's a fundamental split here now between what the president said and what the commission said. Jim Thompson, who's a member of the commission, has since been on the air. I saw him with my own eyes, and there's no conflict.

O'REILLY: Cheney has a right to be angry, and so does every American who wants a truthful media. "The Wall Street Journal" editorialized the situation this way: "The 'no Saddam link' story is getting so much play because it fits the broader anti-war, anti-Bush narrative that Iraq was a 'distraction' from the broader war on terror. So once again the 9/11 Commission is being used to tarnish the Iraqi effort and damage President Bush's credibility in fighting terror."

And that's the importance of this matter, ladies and gentlemen. Anti-Bush zealots are hurting the fight against terror by misleading Americans about what's actually happening. That puts all of our lives in danger.

Now I knew when I presented the facts linking Al Qaeda to Iraq that the far left would accuse me of shilling for the president. Viewer Jason Gambone, who lives in Palm Coast, Florida quickly echoed the far left response.

"O'Reilly, you and the Bush administration cheerleaders at Fox News are spinning the Saddam-Al Qaeda 9/11 connection like a frisbee. It's time for you to face the reality that President Bush misled the nation."

That opinion, of course, is nonsense, and here's the proof. In a CIA letter to the Select Committee on Intelligence dated October 9, 2002, then CIA Chief George Tenet writes, "We have solid reporting of senior level contacts between Iraq and Al Qaeda going back a decade...We have credible reporting that Al Qaeda leaders sought contacts in Iraq who could help them acquire WMD capabilities."

Now we have posted that entire CIA letter on billoreilly.com if you want to read it. Also, just today, Russian President Putin said he himself gave the Bush administration intelligence, after 9/11, that Saddam was preparing to launch terror attacks inside the USA. That report comes from the Associated Press.

Now all of this information "Talking Points" is giving you is solid. It is fact, not opinion. President Bush was told by the CIA and foreign intelligence outfits that there was immediate danger to America. But those facts will not matter to the anti-Bush fanatics, who put partisan politics ahead of both truth and national security.

As you know, we're independent here, but I'm getting awful tired, awful tired, of the far left lying and endangering us all.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
BurlySurly said:
Striking Back
Monday, June 21, 2004
By Bill O'Reilly

In a CIA letter to the Select Committee on Intelligence dated October 9, 2002, then CIA Chief George Tenet writes, "We have solid reporting of senior level contacts between Iraq and Al Qaeda going back a decade...We have credible reporting that Al Qaeda leaders sought contacts in Iraq who could help them acquire WMD capabilities."

Also, just today, Russian President Putin said he himself gave the Bush administration intelligence, after 9/11, that Saddam was preparing to launch terror attacks inside the USA. That report comes from the Associated Press.
You believe PUTIN ???

So Al Qaeda sought contacts in Iraq. Did the commission deny that? No, but they did say that there was no other evidence of a link and that Iraq had said no.

Nice bit of smoke-blowing though...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
BurlySurly said:
Now all of this information "Talking Points" is giving you is solid. It is fact, not opinion. President Bush was told by the CIA and foreign intelligence outfits that there was immediate danger to America. But those facts will not matter to the anti-Bush fanatics, who put partisan politics ahead of both truth and national security.

As you know, we're independent here, but I'm getting awful tired, awful tired, of the far left lying and endangering us all.
Wow....:eek: on so many levels. I could feel the anger in that post.

Is the "we're" he is talking about Fox News or the O'Rielly Factor show? :confused:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
fluff said:
You believe PUTIN ???

So Al Qaeda sought contacts in Iraq. Did the commission deny that? No, but they did say that there was no other evidence of a link and that Iraq had said no.

Nice bit of smoke-blowing though...
Just trying to understand the direction of contact....didn't Putin say that
Saddam was preparing to launch terror attacks inside the USA
not that Al-queda asked and was turned down. Or did I missread that? What/which way did the exchange happen? Is it important? Maybe. Just trying to wrap my frame of mind around it.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
fluff said:
You believe PUTIN ???
Bush does. Looked him in the eyes. God fearing fella. Good people.

C'mon, a person who used to work in the KGB has gotta be 100% honest, and would never bend intelligence for his own means, right?