Quantcast

so who has their names on an EVIL DOC ???

Jack_L

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
dw said:
Frame production is completed on Tuesday 12-21 guys, I go to see them being finished up this Thursday! Its getting close! :D
woo hoo! Any pictures of the DOC's fresh off the line? :heart: :cool: :p :D :thumb:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Oh man, I wish I brought my camera. Talk about a high end factory, the DOCs were on the line right near some serious french road bikes. I'll tell you what, the welds on these frames are just unbelievable. I have never seen steel work like this before. Once we get production bikes here (there are a few in the air right now actually) I will take some weld closeups to show you what I mean. They are just plain sexy.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
dw said:
Oh man, I wish I brought my camera. Talk about a high end factory, the DOCs were on the line right near some serious french road bikes. I'll tell you what, the welds on these frames are just unbelievable. I have never seen steel work like this before. Once we get production bikes here (there are a few in the air right now actually) I will take some weld closeups to show you what I mean. They are just plain sexy.
I wanna know why you are posting on RM At 4:50 a.m.? ;)

Were you:

1. in a foreign country?
2. Just getting in from a wild night out in Beantown
3. having a case of insomnia
4. having a brainstorm idea for the next great e-thirteen/evil product, or
5. are you just a super early riser?

4:50 a.m. ugh.
:dead:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
MMcG said:
I wanna know why you are posting on RM At 4:50 a.m.? ;)

Were you:

1. in a foreign country?
2. Just getting in from a wild night out in Beantown
3. having a case of insomnia
4. having a brainstorm idea for the next great e-thirteen/evil product, or
5. are you just a super early riser?

4:50 a.m. ugh.
:dead:
Hahah

I couldnt sleep becuase I kept thinking about a project that I have been working on and my brain wouldnt stop thinking, so I got up at 3:30 and got a head start on the day. Had all my e-mail done by 5:30, and thats pretty damn good for me!

Dave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Very nicely actually, I dont have the exact date on delivery, but we expect them before the winter is through. Jonas at the Evil office has been spearheading this project, and I just got the lowdown from him. We should know a lot more later today if Jonas gets a hold of the right people.

Dave

PDADDY

Chimp
Jan 7, 2002
Boston
tmx said:
HAHA! Nice...especially with the SFX of the hostile crowd.

I sense the clique, the fear of the unknown leaving a desire for segregation. The Montagues, the Capulets, the disdain for my presence (the smell of my own burning flesh gave clue to the latter). But when Sir Weags peeked in on the ""other"" thread, I was quick to welcome him and answer his inquiry. Doth this maketh me a witch? Wons't thou see me for the person I art, not the biketh I rideth? Burn me for wanting to shareth the joy of superior east coast manufacturing of all makes and models?? Surely you must know the Imperial remaineth one of my favorite hardtails of it's kind. Doth all this not speaketh of the peace I seek to bring to thee, Evilians? That we shall stand from the mountain top in unity and proclaim in kindred spirit, "See you at the bottom!" What say ye now Sir Binary? Won't thou grantest me respit from this charring?
:
Wow, what a read! I'm afraid of a Lit. quiz at the end of the thread now.
Surely there's room for you fair Mercutio.
Always said you had a silver tounge, or is it chrome? :D
-BTW Just found myself a nice pre-enjoyed Green Imp, in the basement labratory now :drool:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
tmx said:
HAHA! Nice...especially with the SFX of the hostile crowd.

I sense the clique, the fear of the unknown leaving a desire for segregation. The Montagues, the Capulets, the disdain for my presence (the smell of my own burning flesh gave clue to the latter). But when Sir Weags peeked in on the ""other"" thread, I was quick to welcome him and answer his inquiry. Doth this maketh me a witch? Wons't thou see me for the person I art, not the biketh I rideth? Burn me for wanting to shareth the joy of superior east coast manufacturing of all makes and models?? Surely you must know the Imperial remaineth one of my favorite hardtails of it's kind. Doth all this not speaketh of the peace I seek to bring to thee, Evilians? That we shall stand from the mountain top in unity and proclaim in kindred spirit, "See you at the bottom!" What say ye now Sir Binary? Won't thou grantest me respit from this charring?

edit: Ah, a friendly voice. Hello Mark. (Careful extending yourself to me within the confines of this Evil thread, they may try to fry you right along with me.) DC's are over-rated and there is no side darker than that of Evil, so you're in the right place. :thumb:

hahaha

how did I miss this before!!

T youre the best!

Everyone in the know is up on the fact that the Evils love our Brooklyn brethren and sistren since day one (is sistren even a word??!)

dw

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
hey d-dub,
what is the max fork length on this bad boy? could you mount a dual crown on it? if so, are you recomending a max travel? i searched the thread for "dual crown" and skimmed it before asking the question, but did not see anything.

thanks

ad3m

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
mandown said:
hey d-dub,
what is the max fork length on this bad boy? could you mount a dual crown on it? if so, are you recomending a max travel? i searched the thread for "dual crown" and skimmed it before asking the question, but did not see anything.

thanks

ad3m
This bike was really not designed for a dual crown fork. It should be able to handle it strength wise but the head angle will get ridiculously slack the higher travel fork you use. I personally would not recomend going over 150mm. That will give you a 66 degree HA.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
heikkihall said:
This bike was really not designed for a dual crown fork. It should be able to handle it strength wise but the head angle will get ridiculously slack the higher travel fork you use. I personally would not recomend going over 150mm. That will give you a 66 degree HA.
thanks for the tip. i figured that handling would be odd w/ a big dual crown. however, i know it won't be long before somebody tries it. i am in the market for a new hardtail. being able to mount a dual crown is not a deal breaker, but i would like to know if the option exists on the odd chance that i get a wild hair up my a$$ to slap my shiver on the frame.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
the Inbred said:
get an Imperial
riding it w/ a shiver would not be my main set up, but i might do it once in a while as a goof. i need something more oriented to trail riding, hence the DOC. at 6'1" i would not get enough seat extension to pedal uphill in a comfortable position on an imperial. i already have a 13" norco frame that i love, except for seated pedaling. i have done the math on the DOC and it looks like i would be in ok shape for leg extension. don't tell me to look for an XC frame now either. i don't intend to pedal this thing in any XC races or do any all-day-epic climbs either. i would just like to have a bike that i can urban and jump, but still ride up a trail without having my knees in my chest.

also considering a 16" morphine or a 17" scirocco. i also like a handful of other frames as well, but i keep heading back to the DOC. i want the big tire clearance in the back. about a 23" top tube and about a 16" seat tube.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
get an XC frame.

nah, kidding. you're right, 6'1" trying to get full extension is not fun. which is why i'm also getting a DOC. but i'm gonna be running a 3" fork.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
I cant get full leg extension on most Large XC frames. At 6'2" with a 34" inseam I have a hard time trying to get the right fit on XC bikes. I either have to buy a longer aftermarket post or run the existing post above the minimum insertion mark. I cant expect to get anywhere near full extension on a bike thats main purpose is street, park, and dirt jumping.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
mandown said:
410mm - seatpost
(127)mm - less 5" of insertion (he he)
393mm - 15.5" of seat tube
170mm - cranks
= 846mm of leg extension (approx 33")
Add another 40-75mm or so to that to accommodate the "stack height" of your seat itself. So say around 35" max. That's a pretty tall guy riding a rather short seat tube. *Raises hand*. I run 37" on my both my city riding, non aggressive bikes. I'm thinking 35" will be just about perfect for aggressive XC riding - but whether a fully-extended, extra-long Thomson can withstand 230 pounds will be interesting (but hopefully not painful!)! The long TT is in range of "proper sized" XC bikes for me. Looks like a truly versatile ride. Pretty much everything I unsuccessfully tried to squeeze out of my beloved Imperial. I'm excited!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
binary visions said:
Not to mention, I think much more effort went into that Shakesperian reply than into my brief Monty Python quote ;)

Miss TMX, as an Imperial owner myself and a frequent visitor to your Brooklyn thread, I would hope that you are as welcome in both places as I feel :)
..Because you are worth that much more effort Beev. Thanks for calling off the witch hunt.

PDADDY said:
Wow, what a read! I'm afraid of a Lit. quiz at the end of the thread now.
Surely there's room for you fair Mercutio.
Always said you had a silver tounge, or is it chrome? :D
-BTW Just found myself a nice pre-enjoyed Green Imp, in the basement labratory now :drool:
Fear not aSassinator, no quiz at the end of the thread because there will be no end to this thread. (Though it seems that Inbred might have some grading of his own going on.)

That's not Chassy's Imperial you aquired, is it Pistachio?

dw said:
hahaha

how did I miss this before!!

T youre the best!

Everyone in the know is up on the fact that the Evils love our Brooklyn brethren and sistren since day one (is sistren even a word??!)

dw
Sistren, biketh, rideth....they're all words now. : )

PDADDY

Chimp
Jan 7, 2002
Boston
tmx said:
Fear not aSassinator, no quiz at the end of the thread because there will be no end to this thread. (Though it seems that Inbred might have some grading of his own going on.)

That's not Chassy's Imperial you aquired, is it Pistachio?
No no, the Humble Bee is still safe and warm in the hive. No way I'd be able to pry that away!
And yes she is Pistachio, since I know it's one of your favorites :love:
I plan to dress it up with a Champange colored fork next and maybe some Caviar endcaps but I fear yet again you've seen through my thinly vieled attempts to lure you into visiting Beanville :sneaky: .......did it work???

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Bulldog said:
Add another 40-75mm or so to that to accommodate the "stack height" of your seat itself. So say around 35" max.
don't forget to shave off a few mm for pedal thickness and for shoe/sock thickness, as well as add back for underwear and bike short thickness (a bit extra if you have a pair with the diaper padding). ahh screw it, it is close enough for government standards.

:dancing:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
*******update*******

I just talked to john at evil a few minutes ago. This is what he told me: All dealers that ordered 2 or more frames will DEFINATLEY get them on the first production run, and it looks like as of now that all the people currently on the waiting list will indeed get frames durning the first run. Not %100 but close.

The bad news is that shipping dates got pushed back til early to mid Feb. Because of some hang up....

Hope this helps some people.

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
manhattanprjkt83 said:
*******update*******

NO! it completely bums me out!!!

I've been "tied off" and waiting for my drug of choice for months - sweating, shaking, that feeling like a cold wind is blowing through your bones....I NEED my DOC!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Macrider said:
NO! it completely bums me out!!!

I've been "tied off" and waiting for my drug of choice for months - sweating, shaking, that feeling like a cold wind is blowing through your bones....I NEED my DOC!
I am totally with you brother. :thumb:

manhattanprjkt83 said:
*******update*******

I just talked to john at evil a few minutes ago. This is what he told me: All dealers that ordered 2 or more frames will DEFINATLEY get them on the first production run, and it looks like as of now that all the people currently on the waiting list will indeed get frames durning the first run. Not %100 but close.

The bad news is that shipping dates got pushed back til early to mid Feb. Because of some hang up....

Im ok with this it gives me time to build up the new DH rig..but I feel for the rest of you...it will just make it htat much better when we all get them... this will be a good bike year......new DH rig and new hardtail....Why did I not like hardtails until now..I have no clue! :D

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Weagle's response on HCOR is much more uplifting and positive. especially if you ordered from a place like Go-Ride or Unreal.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
I wouldnt get too amped up just yet, I mean, the bikes are done, I have personally seen them, I know the guys in the Evil office are just being cautious because they dont want to over promise. It takes a while to ship out every frame once they are in the warehouse. Some people will have frames sooner than others I would bet. Guys who are stocking dealers like Unreal Cycles, Go-Ride, Belmont Wheelworks etc... order multiple frames, and placed orders early, so they will get frames in stock first. Actual dates, I dont know, but seeing as the frames are completed, boxed, and shipping, I cant see it being too long of a wait.

Dave