Quantcast

So yeah....I need one

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Hmmm, kinda sounds like some of you are attempting to impose your values on other people.

Brian, drive what you want. If the corporate culture where you wife works demands something of that stature then by all means. If you require the amount of space to move your family and stuff from place to place, by all means. If you occasionaly need to tow something heavy, then by all means. If you can afford nearly $3.00 per gallon then by all means drive the Denali.

My car fits within my lifestyle, I need less space (single guy), and I cant afford to fill the tank on a 18mpg vehicle so I drive a Subie. It wouldn't work for you, but it works for me.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dan-o said:
How far is your commute every day?
~10 miles each way. i can assure you that i use less petrol than most car drivers on this board (average 32 mpg, will probably drive less than 10K miles per year).

:eviltongu

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Careful - her Escalade pillaging will *pale* in comparison to the damage your kids will do over the course of a lifetime.......

And me with three kids - I might as well be dumping used oil down in my local creek. :o:

-S.S.-

Thank you very much, skaredshthead...I never knew you cared! :love:

I'd like everyone to get back to me on my environmental pillaging efforts they know so much about when they are perfect and live off the land, and not ride bicycles in the mountains, and don't travel on gas hogging planes to foreign countries, drive a car at all, and not eat foods processed in factories that pollute the environment, or use electricity or batteries to listen to music that is made on PLASTIC and made of instruments made of wood, etc. :eek:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Damn True said:
Hmmm, kinda sounds like some of you are attempting to impose your values on other people.

Brian, drive what you want. If the corporate culture where you wife works demands something of that stature then by all means. If you require the amount of space to move your family and stuff from place to place, by all means. If you occasionaly need to tow something heavy, then by all means. If you can afford nearly $3.00 per gallon then by all means drive the Denali.

My car fits within my lifestyle, I need less space (single guy), and I cant afford to fill the tank on a 18mpg vehicle so I drive a Subie. It wouldn't work for you, but it works for me.

Yeah! what he said...I'll save EXTRA jello shots for you! Oh...and I'll even recycle the jello shot cups my own damn self!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Hey, just asking!

What's this *petrol* you refer to? Is that what Tyres are made of?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
back to the littering analogy...every bit helps.

have you seen my lovely vegetable garden, ms V8?
No...have you posted pictures? Do you and your family ONLY eat what is in the garden...wait till my grapes start producing! I'll take some pictures...I have 3 grape vines in a perfect spot in my yard and they are about 3 or 4 years old and last year I had MAD grapes...god they were GOOD. anyway, I was looking at them last night and there are tons of teeny weeny little grapes. I'm gonna have POUNDS of mad grapes this year. I'll take pictures of the progress...I'll take a pic tonight or tomorrow...the baby grapes are cute...

And I don't have a V8...it's a V10.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
Where in tarnation are you getting gas for 2 BUCKS a gallon??? Last station I looked at it was 2.59 :dead:
serves yr V10-lovin' ass right. :D

ps - we also eat roadkill if i can scare away the crows long enough.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
dh girlie said:
Where in tarnation are you getting gas for 2 BUCKS a gallon??? Last station I looked at it was 2.59 :dead:
Massachusetts.
2.07/gal by my house.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
dh girlie said:
California pays more for gas cuz of the goddamn stupid environmental stuff they put in the gas! :mumble:
You are being lied to. MA has the exact same vehicle emissions standards as CA.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
because of the real estate prices, they double as housing.

btw, what kind of self-respecting pimped out bike has a 2001 fork on it?
Well, Brian rebuilt it for me...and god forbid I spend money and waste resources and pollute the environment for a new fork when this one works just fine. Besides...I'm saving for that Escalade!

Course...i wouldn't know how well it works or doesn't since I haven't been able to ride it more than a few times thanks to broken bones and surgery. :( Maybe this year...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
Well, Brian rebuilt it for me...and god forbid I spend money and waste resources and pollute the environment for a new fork when this one works just fine. Besides...I'm saving for that Escalade!
What about all the wasted resources to shuttle DH runs? Obscene, I tell ye.

-S.S.-

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
of course it runs fine. it's had at least a dozen rides in its 4 year lifespan, right?

btw, thanks for editing yr photo so you could link to the ESCALADE-sized one.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
What about all the wasted resources to shuttle DH runs? Obscene, I tell ye.

-S.S.-
Your trip to shred the ankle deep "Spring Pow" in steamboat didn't do the environment any favors....

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
of course it runs fine. it's had at least a dozen rides in its 4 year lifespan, right?

btw, thanks for editing yr photo so you could link to the ESCALADE-sized one.
I've only had it since like August or September of 2003...had surgery beginning October 2003...broke hand July 2004. :( But I'm sure the guy I bought it from and a few people on the board rode on that fork. But yeah, maybe a dozen rides since Brian rebuilt it for me.

And you're welcome...I know you wanted to see the detail on the bike and the cat...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
Oh hey now...just cuz I called you out...which in turn made others call you out...doesn't mean you need to get nasty! Don't worry...it's almost nap (lunch) time for me! :D So you will be rid of my commentary for about an hour.
who else called me out? dan-o just asked my commute mileage.

i hope you are eating dolpin-free tunafish for lunch, w/ freetrade coffee.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:

I happen to like a little dolphin in with my tuna. Makes it taste better. :thumb:

And I don't care where my coffee comes from, as long as it makes espresso that tastes like the stuff I got in Italy.............. :drool:

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:

Well...I suppose if you read dan-o's question with the sarcasm it was dripping with the way I did...then he was callin you out...and I believe skaredshthead said something that could be callin you out too...face it...you got SERVED! Ahahaha...

No, no fish! no I don't eat any fish...tuna, shrimp any kinda fish...blech!