Quantcast

SoapStone Mt, CT Day/night

splat

Nam I am
Well MMcG sent out an email to see if any one was interested in a wednesday Night ride in soapstone. Well since it is suppose to snow rain haile sleet ,etc etc tommorow decided to get a ride in tonight. so did Quo_fan and SloMoJo, so we met up a little befroe 6 and off we went. was an awesome night for a ride.

Here is MMcG getting things started.

SloMoJo warming up

Quo_fan doiong a little roller on a bridge, getting that front tire a little close there .

SloMoJo goes up the bridge.

MMcG doing a little rock navigation

SloMoJo up and over the rock

Quo_Fan through some rocky section

MMcG goes brooooom

Quo_fan approacing fast.

SloMoJo launches his bullit to a nice flat landing

Ridinf some more rock .

thrugh the V gap roller ,taken from a different angle

Quo_fan on a tree ride

Next a narrow bridge.

MMcG's turn

and right about here our luck turned! Doing that Bridge MMcG got a flat. and while he change that it got dark. and SloMoJo discoverd his batteries did not have a good charge. so we started to head Back, and Bam more trouble , MMcG snapped a Derailer Hanger.

here he is changing out his hanger.

We got it all fixed and made our way out .

Gangs all here

Great ride, great weather great company ! Doen't get much better!!!

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Some of the pics I took.

Splat on my big bike, landing.

What Splat will do to get the shot

Sandbagmofo off a diving board

Slomo on a high skinny

MMcG, same spot

SloMo launching while MMcG was fixing his flat. I couldn't get a good low angle shot, because I was lighting the lip so he could see where to take off.

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Great job with the pics guys! :thumb:
Really great to see Quo & MMcG again. Good guys.

That place is a lot of fun. The MX's sure are doing their damage tho.
Looks like they have been out there all winter with studded tires.

Plenty of rock to play on ...and hills.... I was pooped .... I gotta get in shape one of these years. ;)

Thanks guys.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Great ride - thanks for all your help and encouragement guys. Quo- you were a lifesaver with the light and with the spare derailleur hanger. Many thanks.

Slomo is one helluva huckster and he rode that Bullit like a madman! I gotta get up the "I'm gonna do it" attitude that Slomo has. or should that be Sandbagmofo instead? ;)

And splat - well splat's just fast - real fast - we gotta steal away that Giant AC from his house and build it up so we can slow him down a bit. ;)

Great time guys.

Time to start looking at the classifieds for a used rear derailleur and to write to Mr. Crafter for a few spare derailleur hangers.

I'm really glad we were able to get out and have so much fun because the weather certainly sucks big time today.

Good times! :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Looks like a good time, where in CT is this? I bet it's not too far from me.
Soapstone Mountain (aka Shenipsit State Forest) - is in parts of Ellington, CT and Somers, CT. It is a pretty big State Forest and we only scratched the surface of the trails that lie within. Perhaps we can do another one of these Wednesday nighters this spring or summer or fall.

Mark