Quantcast

Some food pics

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I'm sitting here in a Dijon McDonalds using their free WiFi to download new movies/TV shows. Blinding fast here too.

While I'm waiting, I thought I'd share a couple photos from this boat season:

Duck confit salad with grilled asparagus, nut roasted beets and hazelnut dressing.

Pan roasted pigeon breast on wild mushrooms with asperge sauvage. Served with confit pigeon leg on wilted watercress, grosseille syrup and truffle shavings.

Orange & vanilla panna cotta with vanilla-poached rhubarb crumbles and rhubarb sorbet

Croistilant du Chèvre on fresh fig and grape salad with walnut pesto and balsamic syrup

Dourade Royale on roasted red pepper and chorizo with salsa verde and micro herbs.

Moelleux au chocolat with a poached fig, fresh raspberries and a honey-port syrup

Chevre and thyme panna cotta with a salad of wild watercress, apple and toffee walnuts. Served with white balsamic syrup.

Charolaise beef fillet on young asparagus with kumara and Roquefort wantons on braised beet purée. Served with bearnaise sauce and chunky basil pesto.

Lime curd shortcake tartlettes with pistachio mascarpone, minted wild strawberries and gin jelly.

Home made pappardelle with confit rabbit, wild mushrooms and Swiss chard. Served with game jus, truffle shavings and fresh Parmesan.

Grilled lamb fillet with crispy polenta, oyster mushrooms and braised lamb poitrine.

Drambuie and lavendar ice cream with Earl Gray poached prunes and Hokey Pokey.

Cured salmon on pickled cucumber with a light wasabi dressing, a wasabi wafer and salmon caviar.

Pan roasted duck breast on sweet potato purée with confit duck & foie gras tortellini on Chinese Lantern mushrooms.

Chocolate and Baileys ganache slice with Creme de Menthe & white chocolate ice cream and an 'After Eight' shot.

That'll do for now I'm sure. I don't get internet often while I'm on the boat (except for basic sporadic 3G coverage on the iPhone), so I'm off to do other things now.

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
Cool shots! I've always wanted to try food photography, never had access to gourmet foods like that though! The only thing I could say is maybe increase the whites and brighten them up a little bit. What was the light set up?

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Wow! I want to try all of that. Especially the Pan roasted duck breast on sweet potato purée with confit duck & foie gras tortellini on Chinese Lantern mushrooms. Looks and sounds so good.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Ha! I am picturing you taking a bite of a Big Mac - wait, I mean a Royale with Cheese - and telling yourself "I'm eating confit duck & foie gras tortellini. I'm eating confit duck & foie gras tortellini." I hope it worked for you.

I have nothing else to add except that your food looks and sounds great.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
PS. I'm new at this food photography, so share some hints and tips with me!
i don't do food shots that often so take my words w/ a grain of salt (snarf!), but i would say that some shots would benefit from being stopped down a bit more, like the orange and vanilla panna cotta shot.

some composiitons are really nice to get other small details in, like the beef fillet shot, and the thyme/cherve panna cotta shot above. the last one is too cropped, i'd say.