Quantcast

Some more Q's

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Ok so i joined physical park it's awsome i got my three hours done today i watched Resident Evil and listened to music the time went by really fast. I also got my free session with a personal trainer it was supposed to be just an hour but it ended up being 2 hours. The guy used to race road bikes a few years ago and knows all about weights for cyclists. He made up a really detailed plan that i do 2X a week everything is a super set so it's going to be really hard. Since i'm 15 he told me just like in Friels book that it's more important to work on full body work than just biking stuff.
So he has me doing allkinds of crasy exercises to streghting my whole body which will make me much faster just because i'll have better power transfer. Also he's having me do some really hard balancing things to streghtning balance muscles so i'll have better balance on my bike.

Oh ya and my question is when i'm switching from base 1 to base 2 my sunday workout which has been a 3 hour endurance ride switches to i much higher heart rate workout in Base 2 how do i stay at 3 hours? Or do i bring down my weekly training hoirs alot?

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by JMAC
Ok so i joined physical park it's awsome i got my three hours done today i watched Resident Evil and listened to music the time went by really fast. I also got my free session with a personal trainer it was supposed to be just an hour but it ended up being 2 hours. The guy used to race road bikes a few years ago and knows all about weights for cyclists. He made up a really detailed plan that i do 2X a week everything is a super set so it's going to be really hard. Since i'm 15 he told me just like in Friels book that it's more important to work on full body work than just biking stuff.
So he has me doing allkinds of crasy exercises to streghting my whole body which will make me much faster just because i'll have better power transfer. Also he's having me do some really hard balancing things to streghtning balance muscles so i'll have better balance on my bike.

Oh ya and my question is when i'm switching from base 1 to base 2 my sunday workout which has been a 3 hour endurance ride switches to i much higher heart rate workout in Base 2 how do i stay at 3 hours? Or do i bring down my weekly training hoirs alot?
you can still keep a 3 hour ride in your base 2, just have to adjust how much time you spend in each heart rate zone. going from phase to phase you should slowly be increasing the level of intensity then the previous phase. even if it's not much more intensity you are still adding more then you were previously doing.