Quantcast

Some rides in Southern California

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Figured since I've taken some pics over the last few months, I might as well share them. I don't usually carry a camera, but this is what I have since I moved to Claremont, CA from New Haven, CT.

Claremont Wilderness trails (fire roads). It's 2.5 miles to the top. A pretty good climb I do a few times a week on average since I live maybe a quarter mile from it.

Marshall Canyon, at its smoothest...great to really open up a sprint here...

Favorite short local trail above Marshall Canyon. Nice and loose. I ride here and in Marshall frequently.

Couple of landmines in the dust

Climb up to Potato Mountain from the Wilderness Park. Pretty good climb, even though it's all fire roads.

Part of the climb up the hill. Those boxes are filled with bees.

Inland Valley and beyond, from Potato

Glendora Mountain Road. I think this is from hiking, but I have ridden the road as well. It is a very, very long climb that I believe will be in the Tour of California in May.

Sunset peak view. I think this is from hiking, but I have ridden to here. If you're from the area, I went from Baldy Village to Sunset Peak to the radio towers nearby down to Wheeler Ave and back to Claremont. Lots of fire roads but fast and fun on the way down.

Can you find the lizard?

Riding the Cucamonga Truck Trail...Starts out with a steep paved road climb. To where I went it's about 5 miles at 10%.

Then turns to dirt

Nice views on the way up.

Turns to singletrack pretty quick. This is a fairly smooth part; a lot of it is loose rocks.

It's quite a climb. You can see the switchbacks going up this grade...

Middle of one of the switchbacks

Views from as high as I got.

Areas near Mt Baldy.

More trail to climb in the distance

Saw some snow

And then it turned into more snow and was rather overgrown. Might have taken a wrong turn...but I headed back down anyway...

That's it!

Oh, and our dog, Gomi

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Moved in the summer to start my PhD.

MMA dog? Hmmm... he did pick up some lady's fat chihuahua in his mouth the other day. But mostly he's a wuss. He is an Akita, so maybe he's related to the other Gomi.

(really, though, he has the name because Gomi means "bear" in Korean)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Any chance you could PM me some directions to the various trailheads and where to park? I am in Rancho Cucamonga, and have almost no idea where to ride around here. Cucamonga TT I think I know.... Up Sapphire till it ends go left then right to the gate, right? I live close to there.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated! I need to get out and start riding again!

Thanks!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Any chance you could PM me some directions to the various trailheads and where to park? I am in Rancho Cucamonga, and have almost no idea where to ride around here. Cucamonga TT I think I know.... Up Sapphire till it ends go left then right to the gate, right? I live close to there.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated! I need to get out and start riding again!

Thanks!
I know this post is 4 months old but I'll be back in Claremont in September, hit me up if you want to go for a ride at some point.