Quantcast

Some suggestions

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I have two suggestions to make it easier using this forum.

*The first one is about the "view first unread" post button; it would be much easier if it was on the thread menu, at the end of the name of each specific thread.

This way you don't have to click in to a page of the thread you want to see before you can hit the button. Makes it a whole lot easier especially if the thread has gone a few pages and you don't remember on which page you were last.
When I recently opend a site on a page past the last thread I had been on and then clicked on the button, it wouldn't go back to the post that was a page past the one I was on.

*The second suggestion is that you have an orientation branch, similar to the one on the top of the page in each thread, on the bottom of the thread aswell.

I mean this thingie:
Forums Home > Miscellaneous > Politics & World News
9/11/2007: General Strike

That way you don't have to scroll all the way up again after you've finished reading a thread, don't want to hit the « Previous Thread | Next Thread » buttons, but instead go back to the menu.

One can always hit the "back" arrow on the browser bar for sure, but if you've read a few pages its comparatively a mess.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Go to first new post: If you click the little downward pointing arrow at the beginning of a thread title, it goes to the first unread post.

There is a dropdown box at the bottom of the page that you can use to go to any forum. The default is the forum you are in. Works great for me.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Thanks! I've been trying it out for a while now and the little arrow works fine, but the dropdown box is, in comparison to how I've seen another forum done, a bit more hassle as you have to scroll down to it first. Trifles..