Quantcast

Some thoughts on gay pride (and why I'm against it)

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
First of all, you are agreeing with mooshoo. Congrats.

It wouldn't be too hard to create an anti-gay campaign from photos from SF Pride. I could also create an anti-straight campaign from photos from SF Love Fest as well.

Really, just because you can find a NSFW image from SF Pride doesn't mean anything. My advice to you or anyone else that might be offended is don't look.

Go talk to people and "try to convince them" that gay Americans are normal, ordinary Americans.

Dante, you seem like a nice person, so I won't make any more comments.
Go look how califnornia voted in the last presidential election, then look at prop 8. I don't even need to do the math to know a **** ton of obama loving liberals here in CA voted against gay marriage

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Go look how califnornia voted in the last presidential election, then look at prop 8. I don't even need to do the math to know a **** ton of obama loving liberals here in CA voted against gay marriage
Don't forget that the Mormon Church not only donated $$$$, they also had their church volunteers dial in.

I believe the money was near even pro & against.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
well in that case wouldn't that be a good indicator of people's actual feelings
I thought there were a lot of problems with Prop 8 from a tactical standpoint.

For example, it wasn't for gay marriage, it was to take it away. So if you were for gay marriage, you voted No on Prop 8. I still have to make sure the logic is clear.

Stupid Gavin Newsom, the mayor of SF, was a lousy spokesman:

And a lot of the attention was taken away from Obama. I was more worried about Obama getting elected than gay marriage. While my vote was assured, I spent zero time campaigning against Prop 8.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
the fact remains, plenty of obama loving liberals voted against gay marriage
So you feel because they love Obama or because they consider themselves liberal, they should have voted in support of gay marriage even if they don't agree with it?

You tow the party line, good to know.

I vote for what I agree with.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Why do I get this strange feeling that someone far more eloquent and persuasive made this exact point just 3 days ago, and even did the math, too?

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
So you feel because they love Obama or because they consider themselves liberal, they should have voted in support of gay marriage even if they don't agree with it?

You tow the party line, good to know.

I vote for what I agree with.
no, that's not what i said at all. I said there were a ton of obama votes that voted for prop 8, I never said they should i shouldn't vote that way. I was pointing out that plenty "liberal" people are against gay marriage