Quantcast

Someone stole my bike

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

This morning I get up and go into my kitchen. Looking out the back door, I notice the side door to my garage is open. "Sh*t" I think. "I know that door was closed last night." I go out and sure enough, my 2003 Ellsworth Isis that was locked up is gone.

Fvcking thieves. I hate em. I think I know who was behind it, but have no proof. Grrrrrrr. This week has sucked big time. I can't wait to see what's in store for me tomorrow. Probably the claims adjuster trying to give me the runaround. We'll see. :rolleyes:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
That sucks dude. But hey, was there ever a better excuse for needing a new bike?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
if you think you know, perhaps tell the cops and let them know you're just speculating?

I hope insurance doesn't take too long. With the money, you should buy a roadie :devil:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Bummer man... I think I might kill myself if my bike ever got stolen. Riding is "my thing"... kinda like religion is to those born again people.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
dh girlie said:
So sorry to hear that...you really should keep your bikes in the house. Cute cat...
at least they didn't steal the cat? uh eurrh ok i'll shut up now. :(

i hope things work out for the better at the resolve of all this.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Thanks guys. Yeah, I know it should have been kept in the house. Sometimes I'm not so smart. The cops told me to call tomorrow and they'll have a detective assigned to the case by then. I'll tell the detective all I know about the potential perp. Hopefully my insurance co won't give me too much grief and I can start shopping for a new one soon. I'd planned on heading to Fruita in a couple weeks, but we'll see about that trip. Damn this sucks. :(

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
pixelninja said:
I go out and sure enough, my 2003 Ellsworth Isis that was locked up is gone.
How well locked up was it?
Was this a pro, or something an amateur could hack?

Sorry about the bike.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mackie said:
How well locked up was it?
Was this a pro, or something an amateur could hack?

Sorry about the bike.
No, it was a simple cable lock that could have been cut with a bolt cutter.

I should have known better. I really should have.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Damn man. I've been hearing about breakins in my neighborhood the last couple weeks, time to bring the babies inside for the winter I guess :(

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Echo said:
Damn man. I've been hearing about breakins in my neighborhood the last couple weeks, time to bring the babies inside for the winter I guess :(

Damn...you don't keep your bikes in your HOUSE? My bikes are only allowed out when they are under my strict supervision...I don't live in a ghetto, but there is no way anyone is going to steal MY bikes...they are in year round...and as an extra added safety measure...the bike room has one of the two motion sensors that came with the burglar alarm. The blinds in that room are always shut, and I have personally tested the perimeter of the blinds from the outside to assure that no one can see in the room at all.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
pixelninja said:
I should have known better. I really should have.
eh, bull****. They stole it from YOUR private property. It's not like you left it unlocked outside a store... it was in your garage.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
dh girlie said:
Damn...you don't keep your bikes in your HOUSE? My bikes are only allowed out when they are under my strict supervision...I don't live in a ghetto, but there is no way anyone is going to steal MY bikes...they are in year round...and as an extra added safety measure...the bike room has one of the two motion sensors that came with the burglar alarm. The blinds in that room are always shut, and I have personally tested the perimeter of the blinds from the outside to assure that no one can see in the room at all.
Damn, that's some serious security. I used to keep my bike inside, but our house (while being fairly large) has zero storage space and I have no room dedicated to bikes. One day when I got back from a ride, I simply locked it up in the garage, and it seems to work out well. My next bike will always live indoors.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
dh girlie said:
that's pretty weak.

I keep mine in my panic room. A small nuke couldn't even scratch 'em.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Damn man..that really sucks indeed. :( Sorry to hear about it.

Now that we own a house, we keep the bikes locked in the garage. Supposedly we live in a pretty crime-free neighborhood. Regardless, we are installing an alarm on the garage.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
pixelninja said:
Damn, that's some serious security. I used to keep my bike inside, but our house (while being fairly large) has zero storage space and I have no room dedicated to bikes. One day when I got back from a ride, I simply locked it up in the garage, and it seems to work out well. My next bike will always live indoors.

Darn tootin that's some security...a bike was stolen from my house once and that was it...rooms so small you can't do much with it anyway. It used to be the cat's room...where I put her food and water and her bed...but once that bike got stolen that was it...the cats foods in the kitchen now, and she sleeps on my bed.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
dh girlie said:
Paranoid much? ;)

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
dh girlie said:
This room is dedicated to bike and snowboard storage only (old pic so bike inventory has changed drastically):
Wow. If I could move out I'd go for somethin like that but I'm still moochin off the family here. I think mommy would be rather mad if I suddenly turned the guest room into a bike room :D

Stolen bikes suck. I hope I never have to deal with something like that :(

pixelninja said:
AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

This morning I get up and go into my kitchen. Looking out the back door, I notice the side door to my garage is open. "Sh*t" I think. "I know that door was closed last night." I go out and sure enough, my 2003 Ellsworth Isis that was locked up is gone.
Isn't the worst part that they broke into YOUR garage and took YOUR stuff? I had my credit card # stolen and I felt so violated - man that sucks. I'm sorry :(

If you think you know who did it - go get it!! :nuts:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
MtnBikerChk said:
If you think you know who did it - go get it!! :nuts:
Wish I could. The potential perp is some kid who's been doing some odd jobs for me. All I know about him is his first name and his age. Don't know were he lives or where he goes to school.