Quantcast

Song of the Day (28Apr06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
scream week concludes w/ a true master of the form...Black Francis is built like a keg, and the mass must aid in achieving the bloodcurdling shrieks he uncorks from time to time. widely tipped by Cobain as an influence, the Pixies strode across the art/rock and loud/soft divide like few before or after. their first three releases are totally essential listening experiences, with the albini-produced Surfer Rosa being my favorite. god what a record; 15 years down the road, i can still vividly recall driving through the 105F heat in Napa Valley w/ this tape blasting out the rental car's pathetic stereo.

not sure what albini did for this vocal treatment, but it's a keeper.

Something Against You

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Trainwreck said:
(I stick all my old ticket stubs in the jewel case of the band's cd).
that's a good idea...i have a haphazard collection in some drawer, but probably tossed most of them.

although it's pretty anal, i sorta wished i kept a running log of various club shows i've been too...would be kinda neat to look back and see some of the billings, rather than relying on my memory.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
narlus said:
although it's pretty anal, i sorta wished i kept a running log of various club shows i've been too...would be kinda neat to look back and see some of the billings, rather than relying on my memory.
I have a list like that somewhere of the different bands I had seen and how many times I had seen them. I think I stopped keeping track after 180 bands or after I moved out of the DC area in 91.