Quantcast

soup

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Oh fug yeah. I had cream of potato with fennel sausage, corn, peas, and onion today. It made the snow falling out the window go away I tell ya! That and the fresh cheese bread made with muenster. Oh my it was good for $4.

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
Pumpkin soup, pumpkin soup, pumpkin soup!
I gotta hit up one of my friends for gallons of pumpkin soup, that'll be badical.

Maybe I'll just make it myself this time...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
My wife is a godamn soup ninja. She makes crazy good soup. Coconut milk lemongrass soup with veggies, awesome chicken soup...oh geez.

:drool:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
There is a little deli in town that kicks ass for soup. Always good and I have a cup or bowl at least once a week. Hungarian green bean, roasted carrot, veggie black bean, potato leek with jalapeno, spicy tomato, cuban corn with coconut milk, DAMN FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donnie, I might need your recipe...care to share?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Thanksgiving is coming up so I'll have to bust out my left-over Turkey soup, it's a great use for all the carcas and dark meat that you can't use on the meat-slicer for sandwiches. I'm also a fan of tortilla soup, and ramen, not the crap you get at the market, you gotta go to a Japanes noodle house to get it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MMmm....soup! I too could eat it everyday, all year round! I would love to see the pumpkin soup recipe too! My plan is to make some squash soup this weekend and I do love my homemade split pea & ham and zuppa toscana (potato soup with sausage & kale)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
My all time favorite soup.

edit: recipe pasted for the folks from Bootlegger's Bliss that we're asking for it.

New England Cheddar Ale Soup

¼ cup butter
½ cup minced onion
½ cup grated carrots
¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon paprika
½ pound grated cheddar cheese (2 cups)
4 cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
1¼ cups Half and Half
12 oz ale (I've been using Rogue Dead Guy)

Directions
Melt butter in a large, heavy saucepan. Add onion and carrot, cover and cook over low heat about 5 minutes.
Blend in flour, mustard, and paprika. Stir in cheese and 2 cups of broth until cheese is melted.
Add remaining ingredients; simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Makes ~7 cups

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Not a big soup fan, but chicken tortilla is quite tasty.

and, it's really easy to make, it's a staple around here. I am so glad you guys started this thread. All of a sudden it's cold and it's soup season!
My regular soups are Tortilla soup, tortellini soup, split pea with ham, chicken/potato chowder; with chicken noodle once and a while.

yum yum

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Man I love soup too. Among other soups, I eat in Oakland's "china"town at least three times a week. Noodle soups of all kinds - vietnamese, chinese, thai, japanese; chicken, beef, pork, duck, seafood, veggie; rice noodles, egg noodles, wonton, soba, udon. Gawdamn now I gotta get some soup for lunch...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Man I love soup too. Among other soups, I eat in Oakland's "china"town at least three times a week. Noodle soups of all kinds - vietnamese, chinese, thai, japanese; chicken, beef, pork, duck, seafood, veggie; rice noodles, egg noodles, wonton, soba, udon. Gawdamn now I gotta get some soup for lunch...
Dammit.... guess what's for dinner?

Well its pizza night... so pizza. But if it wasn't I'd be eatin' some soup.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
and, it's really easy to make, it's a staple around here. I am so glad you guys started this thread. All of a sudden it's cold and it's soup season!
My regular soups are Tortilla soup, tortellini soup, split pea with ham, chicken/potato chowder; with chicken noodle once and a while.

yum yum
We make a SUPER easy tortellini soup:

Start with ~8c chicken/veg stock & a couple bunches of chopped scallions. Bring to a boil for a bit (10min or so).

Throw in a couple chopped portabellos, about 1/3c of pesto, and let it simmer for 10-15min

Add 12oz or so of cheese tortellini. Cook for about 5 more minutes & serve with freshly grated Parmigiano.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
We make a SUPER easy tortellini soup:

Start with ~8c chicken/veg stock & a couple bunches of chopped scallions. Bring to a boil for a bit (10min or so).

Throw in a couple chopped portabellos, about 1/3c of pesto, and let it simmer for 10-15min

Add 12oz or so of cheese tortellini. Cook for about 5 more minutes & serve with freshly grated Parmigiano.

Mine is even easier.
saute some garlic in EVO. Add 2-3 cans lo salt chicken stock, 1 14 oz can of italian style diced tomatoes, bring to simmer, add 1/2 costco size thingy of tortellini, simmer until tortellini is done. Stir in 1 thawed box of chopped spinach, warm through. Serve with fresh grated yada yada....