Quantcast

South Metro Riders: Douglas County

Pikesrider

Chimp
Sep 6, 2003
Any riders interested in forming a new trail advocacy group that focuses on Douglas County please email me at the address below.

There are many new open spaces that are in the planning stages in Douglas County, Castle Rock, and Highlands Ranch area. Many of these areas are being open without access to mountain bikers, limited access, or 4 foot wide paths.

On Wednesday Douglas County recieved a $6.3 Million grant to develop and preserve 848 acres of Open Space South of Castle Rock. Its called Dawson Butte Ranch, and it is a crown jewell! It has massive rock formations, ponderosa pines, and wildlife including an elk herd (Imagine Palmer Park or Dakota Ridge that is in the backcountry).

If mountain bikers are going be apart of the planning process for this property or the numerous other properties in the Douglas County area we need to collectively get our foot in the door, and make our concerns heard.

If you are interested in forming a mountain bike service organization that is dedicated to preserving and developing mountain bike access in this area please contact me at the email address below, and I will add your name to a list. Also, please state your interest level (i.e. I'd like to help build trails, or I'd like to be involved strategically), and if you are Douglas County resident.
Brendan Miller
millerb@qwest.net