Quantcast

southeast photo thread

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I had looked away near the end, then glanced back up as you went through the gate. I jerked back instinctively thinking you were gonna hit the gate! :D

I like the new straight line in Lizards line instead of the right over the drainage. How long have that and the new section after Lizards Lane been there?

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
Been working on it for a month. It took 3 12 hour days just to reverse the grade where it was so washed out. I only lack 12 more feet of rock work and it will finally be done. Erich and Andrew are bringing a scoop of rocks so I can finish.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Nice vid! Btw, looked like you did that gnarly rock drop section near the top (which was put in for Nats many years ago by Butch and others), and it didn't *seem* too rough. Is it cleaned up, or the same rugged ass thing it was years ago?

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Been working on it for a month. It took 3 12 hour days just to reverse the grade where it was so washed out. I only lack 12 more feet of rock work and it will finally be done. Erich and Andrew are bringing a scoop of rocks so I can finish.
That rock drop up top...if you guys will make a different entrance into it starting back up the hill about 50 feet, veer right, then turn and line up for it about 10-15 feet back from it, that thing would be even simpler. :)

Last edited:

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
The so called "waterfall" drop I guess it was called back in the day seemed easy peasy last year when I hit up sugar for the weekend. It seemed like the takeoff was refined and the sketchy lander filled in with either dirt or rocks.

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
Yeah Moto, Trillwill and I worked on it last year. A lot of rocks were placed to fill in the void and then dirt was moved at the top and on the lander. It is still a little awkward and difficult to go fast before it. Like you said Butch, it would be easy to make the approach flow more. There are a couple more things to do before I get to it but I plan on refining the approach.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I still remember the day I walked out there to it and looked down the bank. Pretty sure Moto was the one standing next to me when we decided "Well, that's really the only exit out of here." Goold old Randy was a one man, bare handed wrecking machine that day, ripping out massive rhodos with his bare hands.

Our goal when we went down that spine was to stay in the woods to the right of the "waterfall" and pop out on the rock slab, but that's the thickest undergrowth I've ever seen. :D

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I post this here because the 4 riders this day were one ex-Cane Creek employee, a current Cane Creek employee, Geritt and myself. So it is bike related.

Man I suck at sand riding. but it sure is fun.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge

Finally got it built with help from Cane Creek on the rear shock. This is my first Specialized since my 2004ish SX. I forgot how weird their cable routing is. :shocked:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Here's a pumptrack that we built this weekend. Build crew was Herndon, Danny Cesare, James Chaput and myself. Took about 10 hours. The dirt jumps leading in were already there.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
40th birthday ride Out and back starting up Farlow Gap starting counterclockwise from Caney Bottom.

Heading out for the morning...pretty cool pic for a phone:

Going up Caney Bottom or Cove Creek (b/c I was lost)...saw a waterfall I've never seen:

[/IMG]

Never put ANY thought to coming up from counterclockwise direction before. This is the ONLY place with great signage.

Nothing like lunch on top of a tumbling waterfall. Stopped my climb up Farlow here and nearly fell asleep in the sunlight:

Honey bee said " Sweet ride bro!"

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
A little "hello" from Arizona. The DH riding here is...um...different than back east. No mud and pretty much like the top section of massanutten all the way down.
Noah and I about to drop in on the last section of trail

They like switchbacks out here....

Noah is doing really well out here in all of these rocks

I'd still rather have east coast riding any day... :(

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
This thread needs more shred! Just had to lay a roost down while our latest work was still fresh. This is on an intermediate jump trail we are building at the Summit Bechtel National Boy Scout Preserve in southern West Virginia.

Click for full size, looks way better.

Last edited:

hotrodmarlin

Chimp
Oct 29, 2007
Finally finished the edit from our trip to Showshoe in July. Lifts ran on Friday but later that night a HUGE storm hit and knocked the power out in most of WV. Luckily the mountain ran the shuttle bus and grilled up free breakfast and lunch all weekend for everyone. They also gave 4 gals of gas and we couldn't fill up until Roanoke 140miles away. the video is a little long but with 3 days of riding and 4 gopro's going it's hard to squeeze it all in. 302 Found

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I would expect that as well. For liability I can see it not being open to the general public. That is the case for local scout camps.

BTW TreeMagnet, Very nice...

Last edited:

TreeMagnet

Chimp
Aug 16, 2009
Dirty south
Picture I took of a buddy of mine riding my pumptrack last week. Profro next time your down at Wyatts let me know and yall can come over and shred the track its turning into more of a jumptrack but everything is roll-able on the main line.
ryan medium.jpg

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Took the camera out to my local trail for some fun. I wish I knew more about taking pictures.

My favorite action shot. Me chasing down a buddy on a 29er hard tail.

Our log ride

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
First pic reminds me of Cane Creek in Waxhaw, NC where they held a XC race once. Only place where I thought my testes had been permanently stretched out from the beating I took that day. Where is that?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
First pic reminds me of Cane Creek in Waxhaw, NC where they held a XC race once. Only place where I thought my testes had been permanently stretched out from the beating I took that day. Where is that?
Trail is called Sherman Branch, on the east side of Charlotte just outside the 485 loop. Its about 12 miles of tame, very tightly packed, flowy single track. That is 1 of about 4 places on the entire trail you would see more than 1 rock next to another. To say it is groomed and sees a LOT of traffic would be an understatement. But it is still a lot of fun and I am glad it is 7 minutes from my house. :thumb:

The point of taking the camera out there was that local trails never get any photo love.

http://app.strava.com/activities/27562433