Quantcast

southeast photo thread

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
escapeartist said:
And haro if you do decide to ignore mikes advice and keep tryin the x-up the trick to not whipping is to make sure your only turning your arms, and not rotating your shoulders. I had the same problem when i learned them, you'l get over it

yet u still seem to do it.....
btw i actually cant x-up any more than u can so, if u can get the bars past ur knee ur doin good.

As to the bar hump, well im just going to say that the superman most likely has a much higher cpj, although i havnt tested it....(too many failed attempts when i do try) im sure the elongation and mount increase cpj (o and mike im sure hardtails dominate floppy suspension ands probably himpbetter too)

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
formermtboarder said:
yet u still seem to do it.....
Not quite sure what you mean by that one...

formermtboarder said:
As to the bar hump, well im just going to say that the superman most likely has a much higher cpj, although i havnt tested it....(too many failed attempts when i do try) im sure the elongation and mount increase cpj (o and mike im sure hardtails dominate floppy suspension ands probably himpbetter too)
i'm afraid you are sorely mistaken no trick has a higher cpj number than a good bar hump with several thrusts. As for hardtail vs suspension for humpin its all personal preferance. If you like it hard, go for the ht, but just remember the full squish has more cuision for the pushin'

adrock33

Monkey
May 7, 2002
kentucky
hey charlie, i'll have my escape built soon. are you still going with us to snowshoe in july? e-mail me so i'll know your home e-mail address. talk to you later.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
yup, about a 25 second bike ride down my driveway and past a barn or two. Sucks because I can't ride 'em until it rains a lot. Its like a bunch of giant powder cupcakes that I can't eat. I'm not sure how they'll work out. I am making some of them(one you can't see)really close together, so you get that "whoosh whoosh whoosh" feeling. get it? More in the air than on the ground.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
sweet man im jealous. i wish i had a place in my back yard to put some jumps. and of course i wish i had a dj bike too.lol ill just have to settle for my dh rig on the jumps ohh well. ohh and sweet jumps mike. sorry about no pic dont have any new ones. :blah:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
motomike said:
yup, about a 25 second bike ride down my driveway and past a barn or two. Sucks because I can't ride 'em until it rains a lot. Its like a bunch of giant powder cupcakes that I can't eat. I'm not sure how they'll work out. I am making some of them(one you can't see)really close together, so you get that "whoosh whoosh whoosh" feeling. get it? More in the air than on the ground.
buy a few bags of calcium chloride and dump on the faces. They'll be like concrete in a day! :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
motomike said:
do this before or after it gets wet? or does it not even need water?
:think:
whoops...that part I'm not certain of. At our jump trails, this contractor who's kid was riding there brought in a bunch of bags of it as I was leaving one day. I came back 2 days later and there were LITERALLY black marks on the jump faces. So I didn't see exactly how he did it.

I think I recall them saying he rough raked them with a garden rake, coated them in calcium chloride...then raked it into the surface dirt, Wet it lightly and then Packed it down with the shovel.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
not to derail the photo thread but where to do you get calcium chloride other than flintstone's tablets?

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
We had a sweet fishing trip today. I finnaly did a couple drops I've been eying for about a year and a half. My pictures pretty much just suck ( my camera and I are having a tough time getting used to the decreased light now that the trees are leafed out) but Im pretty sure Danw got some good ones. I had an awesom time riding with you guys, thanks for coming.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Hell yeah Alex, we did get some big ones yesterday! DanW did get some BADASS pics! I got a bunch of pics, but the good ones are really good! Will got one of you dropping the ass-end of that Bighit way down on the Palet drop! It look like you got really high though. I'll e-mail them to you when I get them off the camera. PM me soon to give me your e-mail address.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
TM1 said:
Nice North Shore Zod. Is that at Pee Wee's or your place?

Here's a few thumbnails from yesterday at Tar.
Those are from my place. T-River is looking good! I'm just never up on that side of the state.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
When do you leave G-County Zod? Well, except to go to work...

Here's an oldie-goldie dating back several years ago when we first started the "Big Sunday Urban" in Charlotte. Rider: Crazy "Bill" Stowe. Location: Latta Park, Charlotte

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Probably, bill was an alcoholic...nah, not really, just liked beer. He wore his shin pads on the outside to keep it real. Kind of an outlaw in these parts...