Quantcast

SPAM: IndieGogo is up and running

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
and well.

Hey everyone,

At long last, the beast that is creating a kickstarter effort has been tamed, sort of. At any rate, we are live as of noon yesterday. Great response so far, 12 bikes/frames in the first afternoon. I know that rate can't be sustained but it sure was fun to watch.

59 days to go. I decided to go with some pretty aggressive pricing on frames, with some extra earlybird prices to reward the believers/risk takers, but they're going fast. I think I put together some decent build packages as well, given limitations of small oe pricing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/812273700/tantrum-cycles-the-missing-link-in-full-suspension

thanks to everyone that helped get me this far. this is really fun and exciting.

cheers,

Brian

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
So, what's the downburst model? A dh bike?

Good luck to you, but maybe use some of those internal cable routing ports before shorting the next video. Or are they speed holes?

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
So, what's the downburst model? A dh bike?

Good luck to you, but maybe use some of those internal cable routing ports before shorting the next video. Or are they speed holes?
The Downburst is an aggressive mixed wheel bike. 150 mm 29 front with 160 mm 27.5 rear.

A true DH bike will be later....

funny about those extraneous cable ports, they go away in photoshop, but not video. But the DO go away in production.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
That makes no sense.
hmmm, what I meant by that was that while a 160 mm travel frame with a 64 degree HT can be pretty downhillish, it is not a true DH bike. To make a DH bike out of the exist frame modularity would be too compromised. Instead, I will introduce a dedicated design for DH use,

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
hmmm, what I meant by that was that while a 160 mm travel frame with a 64 degree HT can be pretty downhillish, it is not a true DH bike. To make a DH bike out of the exist frame modularity would be too compromised. Instead, I will introduce a dedicated design for DH use,
Ok, so why exactly does a DH bike need to pedal uphill like an XC bike?

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
None tha tI
Ok, so why exactly does a DH bike need to pedal uphill like an XC bike?
None that I can think of, but pedaling still matters and time can be gained. Which is why it will be a dedicated, or "true" DH bike. No climbing priority whatsoever.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I truly wish you the best and would love to support the campaign with a shirt and a pint glass, but the yelling woman logo is really ugly and perhaps moderately offensive. Give me just the link and I'll sign up for a pair.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
I truly wish you the best and would love to support the campaign with a shirt and a pint glass, but the yelling woman logo is really ugly and perhaps moderately offensive. Give me just the link and I'll sign up for a pair.
hi sandwich, for some reason, females seem to really like those shirts. Go figure.

I was considering making the shirts and the pint glasses with just the linkage "logo". I think I will. If you'd rather have that, just let me know when ordering.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/812273700/tantrum-cycles-the-missing-link-in-full-suspension/faqs/edit#project-faqs

cheers,

Brian

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Meltdown Dentist? No crabon?

Duly admonished. I foolishly thought I could compensate with carbone' fibre' ducte' tape'. But dentists are too smart.

The top model will be downgraded to "Intern" or possibly "hygenist", until such time as actual carbon is used in the frame and not just every other part on the bike.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
Strangely enough, the let downs mentioned in the vital review were predicted and discussed here, by bike peasant monkeys. How comes? :brows:
I believe the term used was wallow in corners and hard compression, ie doesn't like to be pushed on the downs, of course like always, preproduction is bantered for shock tune...

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
I believe the term used was wallow in corners and hard compression, ie doesn't like to be pushed on the downs, of course like always, preproduction is bantered for shock tune...
The term Brandon used was "a bit mushy". Considering I set him up "very mushy" (primarily to demonstrate the pedaling/climbing effects), that was a minor point to me, easily remedied with a click of compression and/or 5 psi. I specifically asked him about wallowing, and in fact, he never asked for anything during the ride in terms of adjustment. Even the fork (which he set up) was a little mushy for his riding that day. That road gap jump buried the fork o-ring, not the rear.

But bikes that wallow in corners don't have "a great ability to maintain speed" or " a precise nature that allows you to change lines easily." Nor do they elicit "in most instances, you get the feeling that you're on a lighter bike at a lower perceived weight". All of those are Brandon's quotes and that's just on the DH.

Wallowy bikes typically have none of those characteristics, usually the opposite, unresponsive and un FUN.

It would be fun to run through all of the monkey's predictions of doom and gloom some day. All of the evils predicted that never came close to materializing, but I have better things to do.

Like sell some more bikes!!

Kickstarter was funded in record time, but i want to finish strong, We're ending on Jan 2. so , I'm throwing down some new incentives:

1) Money back guarantee to all kickstarter backers. Just like it sounds. You will love it or get your money back. Every single demo rider and reviewer has loved the bike. You will too. It's real.

2) Custom colors. $200 for single color, $300 for 2 tone

3) Referral program, $100 off each for referrer AND referree. This includes existing backers as well as new backers.

nOTE: not for swag........

And look for some smokin deals on dentist builds next week. Almost like getting the frame for free.

cheers,

Brian

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
It would be fun to run through all of the monkey's predictions of doom and gloom some day. All of the evils predicted that never came close to materializing, but I have better things to do.
Perhaps you might let your kickstarter finish and deliver the production bikes to customers before talking sh*t on the very site that gave you a hard time. I know it's hard to restrain yourself, but geez...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Yeah no matter how good those bikes turn out to be, I wouldnt buy one if it was the last bike on earth simply cause you seem to be a fucking dick about them...

Ive been very critical about things you said on this website and later figured maybe people should give you a break.
This puts you right back where you came from and selling a couple of bikes on kickstarter doesnt mean a thing.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Yeah Brian, it's not the bike that sucks. It's your incessant jabber and thread starting. We know you are proud and that your excited but for Fucks sake man, chill out. When you go on and on like a pinkbike troll about your tantrums... your fighting an uphill battle.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Perhaps you might let your kickstarter finish and deliver the production bikes to customers before talking sh*t on the very site that gave you a hard time. I know it's hard to restrain yourself, but geez...

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Finishing kickstarter is easy at this point. Delivering? That's another question entirely and a formidable task, to say the least. There are any number of ways I can fail. Starting a bike company is not easy. Arranging production is not easy. Having everything come out correctly is not easy. If I didn't have a ton of experience (with everything except starting a bike company), there is no way I would attempt it. So no trash talk there. Just walkin the walk.

What I don't have to worry about however, is having a great bike that performs as I say and people love.

RM isn't the only site that gave me a hard time. Every forum available, many I don't even know about, I'm sure. Doesn't matter, many of you here were also on those sites. And the "engineering analysis" just happened to reach new depths of flaw on this site. As did the level of vitriol by people so offended that I might challenge their internet engineering supremacy that they had to resort to name calling and funny pictures and tags.

So, it might get corrected here and there. You know.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
We are entering the final weekend of our Tantrum Kickstarter launch. Thank you to everyone for there support and help spreading the word for what has become the MOST SUCCESSFUL Kickstarter effort for full suspension bikes EVER!!..

To celebrate, we are having some final weekend specials. Check out the special prices on component upgrades:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/812273700/tantrum-cycles-the-missing-link-in-full-suspension

If you are looking for a high end build, we'll have some New Years deals that'll be SMOKIN! I promise. Like getting a free frame.

And don't forget, with a money back guarantee that you'll love it!

cheers,

Brian