Quantcast

[spam] Moto for sale.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
I may be getting a new moto soon so I'm testing the waters for interest on my bike.

2008 KTM 250 XCF-W (electrics start!)
The good:
75 hours on the motor, 25 on the wossner piston and rings. Oil/filters changed every 10 hours since rebuild.
Full Ti yoshi exhaust (msrp ~$800)
R&D adjustable leak jet ($115)
JD Jet kit + adjustable fuel screw ($90)
speed graffix full kit ($250) (no stupid logos or names!
skf fork seals/wipers + sxs bushings ($90)
Midwest mountain engineering clutch lever ($70)
Shorai lithium iron battery ($115 loses ~3 lbs!)
Also have a new seat cover to fix the tears, just haven't put it on yet.
The bad:
-two wire ends have separated from the connectors for the estart, I have them ghetto fixed for the time being but -could be fixed pretty easy.
-It's been ridden a bit since these photos so normal scratches/dulling of the plastic, but still in good shape.
-Left radiator is tweaked a bit so fitment is a bit funny on the shroud, but it's been like that for 3 years and has never leaked or caused it to over heat.
-Light bend in the front wheel, only noticeable on pavement really.
-You don't own it.

Also in the event I get a new moto before selling I'll be swapping the pictured chain/sprocket onto the new rig.
$3600 as-is, or $3300 if I remove the yoshi exhaust and put the stocker on there.

I'd be willing to haul it to Windrock if anyone who would be able to meet me there would like to buy it.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Moto, there are still plenty of fast guys on non-linkage KTMs. Get it and ride. I got 100 or so miles of singletrack to show you.

Panda

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
Louisiana
I recently (2 weeks ago) went from my Linkage CRF250R to a KTM300xc-w (non-link) and the no link feels better in the woods IMO. I notice a little more compression in the rear landing a bigger jump (or casing a bigger jump) but hitting roots or log crossings feel much smoother. Might just be the valving of the shock but I think the linkage rear suspension may be a tad over-rated for us mear mortals. Im sure a pro moto-x guy benifits from it but its just another thing I have to tear down and lube after a ride.

Panda

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
Louisiana
Yea the mx'er was killing me on the trails. And I really liked the way your 250 rode the short time I spent on it. I'm still re-learning to ride a 2t but Im definatly pumped on it. Ready for some more TN single track!

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Very nice bike, I'd be interested but I really want one with a linkage rear end.
Just think, with the money you save by buying an older bike you can have the PDS tuned to ride better than the factory linked bikes :thumb:.

Honestly I'd be lying if I said the linkage wasn't part of the reason I want a newer bike (along with fuel injection, and an irrational desire for something new).

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Just think, with the money you save by buying an older bike you can have the PDS tuned to ride better than the factory linked bikes :thumb:.
Or you can buy a Ohlins TTX and be done with it.

By the way a buddy of mine had to pack up and head back home after his EFIed 2012 250F wouldn't start. We all were just scratching our heads. We felt so helpless.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I have no idea. However, a buddy of mine had a 2009 KTM 450xcf with only e-start. Which isn't that bad however he has a Rekluse clutch. Which means he can't kick or bump start his bike. He has run the battery down and we had to use jumper cables on the trail before. Major fail.

mr2fastna

Chimp
Aug 5, 2007
I have no idea. However, a buddy of mine had a 2009 KTM 450xcf with only e-start. Which isn't that bad however he has a Rekluse clutch. Which means he can't kick or bump start his bike. He has run the battery down and we had to use jumper cables on the trail before. Major fail.
Rekluse clutch = FAIL
No kick starter = FAIL
Jumper cables for a dirt bike = FAIL

That's a lot of fail for one post...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yep, no way I go into the woods with no mechanical way of starting my bike. Some of the rides we go on are longer than 60 miles with no direct way in or out and could be 15+ miles to a gravel road.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Or you can buy a Ohlins TTX and be done with it.

By the way a buddy of mine had to pack up and head back home after his EFIed 2012 250F wouldn't start. We all were just scratching our heads. We felt so helpless.
Yeah, while I really want EFI it's also a bit of a deterrent as I've read about issues they've been having with it, seems like most of the time it's due to an injector getting clogged. Hopefully with a filter sock in the fuel neck + putting an extra in-line filter will keep it trouble free, with my luck it would have problems out of the crate though haha.

Can you roll one of those off these days?
Yeah you can bump start the EFI bikes if that's what you mean. I had to do it to my dad's 350 on flat ground because the 2.5amp LiFe battery didn't have enough juice if it didn't fire on the third or fourth turn.

If I do end up with this new bike I will miss my estarter.. I might would retrofit from my old bike but I don't even know if that is possible and who would buy an XCFW with no estart?

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Sold to Mr Geritt Beytagh and replaced with this:

Plus a new to me Carbon Enduro showed up yesterday. Still waiting on parts but I'm stoked to be on some new rides.

Panda

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
Louisiana
Awesome. I looked at that model bike before I bought my 300 but I wanted the torque of the bigger bore. I bet that angry hornet rips!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Haha. No, I had to order them and they weren't in that day. I felt pretty nekid. It has since been remedied. The bike now looks like this.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge

I have him a KTM mini adventure but I don't know if he is ready for the throttle just yet. I found a killer deal on a super clean one. I went a head a grabbed it knowing he wouldn't ride it right away. Given that I know have a second boy it should see a lot of use over the next couple of years.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Sweet bike Doug, I love the look of the '12 graphics. How would you compare the stock linkage to the ohlins PDS? I love mine, I put a lowering link to accommodate my child-like stature and had some guy from pro-action tweek around on the dials to give me a good base line and this bike is so much more stable than my old bike and jumps with so much less drama.