Quantcast

Specialized 04 stumpjumper fsr comp, anybody ride one?

A local shop has one of these bikes for sale for ~1500 which seems like a really good price. They have both the L and the XL in stock so i've been able to ride them around and it seems like a pretty solid ride. Of course the fox fork feels great, and although i'd never seen a bike w/ the 'triad' rear shock on it, it feels alright and i like that it has 3 settings, locked out, propedal and fully open. The rest of the component pick seems pretty good, xtr out back and xt up front w/ mavic rims. full specs

Does nyone own one of these, or one of the stumpjumper series that they have put through its paces and could comment on its performance and durability?

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
A friend of mine rides an 03 Comp, and loves it. He's had no complaints. I demoed a 04 Expert Disc, and liked it alot. I didn't go with it because I found something else. The only thing that I thought I might not like were the Deore disc brakes. I've heard they are trouble. I also questioned the new designed shock mounting position. I was told that there haven't been any issued with strength, but working on it was a pain because it goes through the post tube. I don't think you could go wrong with a stumpjumper. It's a nice bike.

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
i have one. and expert disk anyway. i'm not too sure what to say other then i absolutely love mine. but this is my fist bike in ~10 years or so. the brakes... so far so good for me. i'm a big boy even tho i'm on a small sized frame and those disks stop my big butt pretty quickly it seem :D. i've only ridden ~100 miles on it so far and no problems. 'cept for that pesky rear derailleur that managed to break off :mumble: