Quantcast

Specialized Enduro?

May 26, 2009
Hey fellas im looking to get into the downhill/all mountain scene and ive been looking around local bike shops, craigslist, ebay, etc.

I am very interested in the 2009 specialized enduro. Im going to be riding in the Denver area and making trips to keystone breckenridge vail etc.

Is this a good bike to poke around in the woods and occasionally make a trip up to the big mountains?

The double crown forks look really sturdy like they would handle downhill fine, but the bike still seems light enough to pedal xc.

Is this a solid entry set up for what im going to be doin?

thanks

Heavy

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
If you mean the Enduro SL, then no, IMHO. It's a trail bike not really meant to be a DH/big hit type ride. Not that you couldn't, but it won't be ideal. Plus SpecEd's line is overpriced for what you get, again IMHO.

I'd look for a used 07/08 Turner RFX for the riding you are describing. 06 or earlier if you want something burlier.

ojaiDH

Chimp
Jun 20, 2009
dream land
I'm riding a '07 S-Works Enduro and i'm quite pleased with the bike. the parts spec is very good for the $ (IMO) and for once I didn't need to change 1/2 the parts on a bike to get things the way I like them (execpt the wheels) The front fork needs to be rebuilt right now and the wheel set is too light for me but if you want to primarily ride all mountian and light FR/DH its a great choice. I have no problems going on 20-30 mile rides that are up hill one way and DH all the way back. I'm not going to do that on my DH rig. If your going to be shuttling all the time forget it and get something made for DH/FR.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I rode the Enduro at N*. Stayed on the single blacks and it ate it up. Plus I do multiple runs at Dville, no prob.

andres611

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
I ride an 07 S-Works and absolutely love it. I even started doing a bit of XC racing on it, but I don't stand a chance against guys in full XC rigs so I just purchased a Specialized EPic MArathon for that purpose. Back to the Enduro, I do everything with that bike. Long XC rides and fun DH/FR. If you had to have just one bike, the enduro is a great option. Right now on the LBS they have 08 Stumpjumpers for really good deals. They are a bit more into the XC side but still an awesome bike, specially for the price (1500).

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
It's a really great bike, but if you're going to be doing lift accessed biking, then I would look at something a bit stronger, perhaps with a more slack geometry. You'll pay in efficiency on the uphill, but you won't have to buy a new bike if you accidentally take a big drop or stuff it in a berm.

Again, great bike, but not for lift accessed DH. If you think you'll be getting into more of the FR/DH but still want a bike you can ride around, check out the SX Trail. Not the most fun bike to pedal uphill for hours, but it'll do it, and you'll love pointing it back down the trails. It will do lift accessed DH, any worries, check out Darren Berrecloth.