Quantcast

specialized hardrock comp

Mar 30, 2004
Lexington, KY
i bought a 2002 hardrock comp used about 6 months ago. I have recently put bout 500 bucks into it. The first reason i bought it was because i wanted a smaller frame that was steel, but still light used mostly for some dh. ive gotten more into trials lately and really excelled in it and i was wondering if i should keep upgrading this bike, or check out some newer beter trial bikes.

Mar 30, 2004
Lexington, KY
on this bike ive lately jus put: new panaracer tires, azonic risers, marzocchi exr, hayes disc in front, switched it to singlespeed, and i recently got a new thomson seatpost...tell me what i should do

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
UPgrade the bike only to a point. You should look around for some Trials bikes that have somewhat of a cross over (Planet X Zebdi). IF you like trials, then get a trials frame.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
rigid fork, get an ultegra cassett(11-21 or 23 tooth) take out the useless cogs to make it a 6 speed, get a bunch of spacers to make up for the space. sora rear der. 22 tooth chainring, and a bashguard. get some wide bars too and roughly a 100mm stem. right there you could spend about 150 bucks and have it set up for trials the same way i had my identiti dr jekyll set up. to save more rotational weight, you could drill out the rims, and get a smaller tire up front, stick with 2.3 or bigger for the back though. hope that helps, but ya, eventually buy a trials frame if you like it, that's what i'm doing, I have a desalvo trials frame on the way. should be sweet!

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
As soon as you've reached a level where you're doing pure trials moves, like hopping on obstacles on your back tire, it's time to move on to a trials bike. All aspects of a trials frame's geometry will help you tremendously for trials riding - the higher BB height, shorter chainstays, longer top tube, and steeper head angle. I would rather ride a trials frame with XC parts over a XC frame with trials parts - it's extremely important that the base of your bike is geared towards what you're doing.

Oct 11, 2010
:confused:I run the stock chain, gears, derailleur, Titanium barends, and 3.21 inch wide wheels, can anyone recommend any upgrades that are within the 1/2 thousand aus bucks budget (only ose it for trailriding and downhilling):rolleyes::thumb::confused: