Quantcast

specialized hardrock sport

Mar 30, 2004
Lexington, KY
I just recently bought a new 04 hardrock sport and the only mods ive put on it are some primo platform pedals because i busted up the cheap stock ones that came on it. It came with an RST gila fork in the front. Can you all give me some suggestions on what i should do to my bike to make it perform beter and look beter also. thanks

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
whatkind of riding are you going to be doing? also buy parts as they break that way u get your moneys worth

Jun 17, 2004
Florida
I would recommend the Marzocchi Z1 Dropoff II that goes for around $300 with 130mm of travel for a fork upgrade...you can't beat 'Zokes. And maybe get some Rhyno Lites w/decent hubs for a wheel upgrade(a tough but affordable wheelset). And if your rear derailleur doeasn't perform well...upgrade to at least a Shimano LX or XT. Oury lock on grips are sweet. Make sure you have a chainstay protector too. :thumb:

Liquid

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
Canada
I know a friend with that bike, hates the rear derailler, and I say get a sait rear. I say a guy tailslide it into a post a few times and it still worked. But dont worry about upgrades untill you bust it or it drives you insane and need new one I ride a hardrock comp and all and all I love it, its takin a huge beating and its kicking. Nice bike.