Quantcast

Specialized P. Street?

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
I'm considering getting a specialized P. Street. What are your thoughts about this bike.

Here are the specs:
FRAME Full Cr-Mo w/ double-butted and formed TT/DT, internally relived head tube w/ integrated rotor stops, 68mm Euro threaded BB shell, 110mm rear spacing for 14mm axle, 3-D forged drop outs and SS mounted "V" brake bosses

FORK Marzocchi DJ Street, 80mm travel, for 24" wheel,Cr-Mo steer and stanchion, forged lowers, damped w/ air assisted coil/MCU spring, preload adjust, Cr-Mo steerer, coil/MCU spring, axle peg compatible QR 20 design.

HEADSET Tank FS, 1 1/8" threadless, Cr-Mo cups, loose ball bearings

STEM Truvativ Hussefelt forged stem, 7 degree x 40mm, 31.8mm bar clamp

HANDLEBARS Truvativ, Hussefelt, 50mm riser, 31.8mm clamp dia.

TAPE / GRIPS Specialized Fuse grip, black, 130mm Kraton

FRONT BRAKE Shimano Deore "V" brake

REAR BRAKE Shimano Deore "V" brake

BRAKE LEVERS Shimano Deore "V" brake levers

COG Shimano SFMX-30 1/8" x 16t

CHAIN KMC KOOL, 1/2" x 1/8", heavy duty, anti-drop inner links

CRANKSET Truvativ Luftalarm, ISIS, forged 7050 alloy w/ self extracting crank bolts

CHAINRING CNC 7075 alloy 36t w/ alloy bash guard

BOTTOM BRACKET Truvativ , GIGA PIPE BMX, ISIS, 4x sealed cartridge bearings, 68mm shell, 113mm spindle, alloy cups

PEDALS Specialized Lo-Pro Mag, sealed cartridge Mag platform w/ replacable allen head traction pins

RIMS Sun Ryno Lite XL TCB, 24", welded seam w/ eyelets

FRONT HUB Spiacalized, 36 hole, QR 20 disc, sealed cartridge bearing, w/ bolt on bash guard

REAR HUB Specialized 36h, Flipside F/W, left and right side F/W threads, sealed cartridge bearing, hollow 14mm axle

SPOKES 2.0mm (14g) stainless steel, brass nipples

FRONT TIRE Specialized Compound, 24x2.0", Cap Ply, Dual Compound, wire bead

REAR TIRE Specialized Compound, 24x2.0", Cap Ply, Dual Compound, wire bead

TUBES Specialized 24", schraeder

SADDLE Specialized Fuse, 9mm Cr-Mo rails, Aramid corners and non slip sides, X-Brace, f&R bumpers

SEAT POST Alloy micro-adjust, 30.9x350mm, for 9mm rails

SEAT BINDER Alloy collar 34.9mm ID clamp

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
im not to fond of it, its heavy, small and has v brakes. i think you should just get a p.2 or 3 and make it a street bike

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I've never spent time on one, but I'd really like too. It looks like a ton-of-fun in the pics, especially with pegs, but I think that the weight is gonna be a huge issue, from what I've heard they're really heavy. but maybe you ride a Brooklyn race link with a super monster and 3in gazzis and this bike would feel light(i really doubt that, and chances are its gonna feel really heavy)

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
i was lookin at that, but it has v brakes and 24 in wheels and its heavy. I got the haro zero instead. Rear disc brake, 36h wheels front and back, and pretty light so it pedals like a champ.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Revell's are siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccccccccccccck!

I like the p-street! I'd ride one for sure!

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
I can deal with the weight, I was riding a 04 one 25 before this.

Im thinkin of gettin this because i can put pegs on, I already have a BMX, I just want a little more room on my bike.

I will be upgrading the chain wheel to an E.13 crown wheel with an E.13 bashring and im takin out the gyro and puttin a Odyssey Linear cable on...

Heres my BMX:

i ride naked

Chimp
Jun 6, 2005
I ride a piece of crap 2004 hard rock that cant take any beating. I'm an stupid cuz I do anyways, I hit 12ft drops, dirt jump, ride street and everything with it. The 2nd day i had it i was hiting a drop unaware of the railrode tie hiden in the grass. I hit my back weel on it and fliped head first witch broke my colerbone,my front hub, bent my bars,crank, and my seat post. it realy sucked cuz it was my first MBT and i spent all my $ on it wich I was saving for a car so I had no money no car and no bike. :help:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
i ride naked said:
I ride a piece of crap 2004 hard rock that cant take any beating. I'm an stupid cuz I do anyways, I hit 12ft drops, dirt jump, ride street and everything with it. The 2nd day i had it i was hiting a drop unaware of the railrode tie hiden in the grass. I hit my back weel on it and fliped head first witch broke my colerbone,my front hub, bent my bars,crank, and my seat post. it realy sucked cuz it was my first MBT and i spent all my $ on it wich I was saving for a car so I had no money no car and no bike. :help:
Whats that got to do with a pstreet??? :confused:

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
haromtnbiker said:
Whats that got to do with a pstreet??? :confused:
I will second that notion. What the hell was that all about?
But hmm, the p-street doesnt look great. Personally i would but a p1 cromo, buy a new fork and some avid bb-5's and then your laughing! Kickass street bike like hell!

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i ride naked said:
good for you.... you get the ridemonkey retard of the day award... congrats, i envey you.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Odd is he said:
I can deal with the weight, I was riding a 04 one 25 before this.

Im thinkin of gettin this because i can put pegs on, I already have a BMX, I just want a little more room on my bike.

I will be upgrading the chain wheel to an E.13 crown wheel with an E.13 bashring and im takin out the gyro and puttin a Odyssey Linear cable on...

Heres my BMX:

All good ideas, and judging by your bmx, you have things figured out! On-One's are super nice. I personally ride a gimp. Just out of curiosity, why not get a Gimp 24 build from ZedSport.com (provided you live in the US) Its a nice bike, good geo, and judging by that fine machine you have pictured here, it would look nice sitting next to that one in the garage. (like that really matters) I think you can get a build from ZedSport in the same price range as the P-Street.

By the way, Odyssey linear cables are the ****! thats all I run, my deore V-brakes that I have on my Gimp set up with a Odyssey Linear cable, and a Gorilla brake booster have more stopping power then the disc brakes most of the guys I ride with have! Sure the modulation isn't there, but for pure stopping power, my are better. Who needs modulation anyways when you're jumping or riding street!

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
I think im probally going to stick with the P. Street, because the bike shops around my area only carry Specialized, Trek, and Cannondale. Plus the shop can get me the street for $900 and now that i got a job their probally less than that..

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
i ride naked said:
yay i'm the villiage idiet
bwahahahahaha, way to redeem yourself. I get it that you had a cool story and you just wanted to share it, and thats cool with me, but when trying to redeem yourself try to spell idiot correctly. Its all good though, i would be willing to bet everyone on this board has made embarasing mistakes/posts so dont give up

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
dirtjumpP.1 said:
no reason.... (its actually a conspirisy, so you cant run discs on the left side)
Sorry man but your WRONG, I coverted my bmx to lsd because i grind on the right side and dont feel like Phunking up my drivetrain, plus for that kind of bike it wouldnt really go good with disc brakes...

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
so what about people who grind on the left side? and why woulndt you want to run discs.... i run them on my urban/park/dj bike, and they're better in all most every way.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I like Specialized stuff but the P-Street is a stupid bike. I weighed one and it weighs 47 pounds, the fork is crappy, and the parts aren't all that good. The P.1 Cro-mo is a way better bike (except for that Manitou)

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
if u want something like the p1 street get the cromo same frame and everything just lighter and better

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
I sold my norco One 25 today and order the P. Street

I just started working at my shop and im getting it for $850 instead of the $1100 retail

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
How is it meaningless to tell someone not to post wholesale prices on the internet? That's just something you're not suppossed to do.

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
hucker13 said:
How is it meaningless to tell someone not to post wholesale prices on the internet? That's just something you're not suppossed to do.

Sorry bout that

I shipped out my norco today and should be gettin my bike friday, i'll post up some pics

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Because bike companies don't want the average consumer to kow what wholesale price is. I know our shop's DH team members have to sign an agreement stating you will not tell people what wholesale prices are. That's why.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
im pretty much absolutley sure that 850 is more than wholsale for a bike that costs 1100. the freaking out can stop. (well, in the shop i work in, wholsale woul ba a lot lower, maybe your shop is different)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I was just saying not to post wholesale prices. It's not a big deal, people just keep asking why it's bad to post wholesale prices, so I explain it. Maybe it isn't wholesale, I just saw a lower number than retail and assumed it was.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Shops in the UK I've been into happily show you their dealer catalogues when you enquire about strange components that may or may not be availible. Most sane people accept that shops have to make a profit in order to survive, it's not like it's a secret. Seems kinda weird to ban people from talking about it.