Quantcast

Specialized P. Street?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
OK, I've just been told not to tell people wholesale prices. Nevermind then. BTW, you should have done an employee purchase order through Specialized and you would have saved a lot of money.

Jmight..

Chimp
Jun 6, 2005
NC
hucker13 said:
Because bike companies don't want the average consumer to kow what wholesale price is. I know our shop's DH team members have to sign an agreement stating you will not tell people what wholesale prices are. That's why.

Who cares? It's the consumer's right to know how what the mark up is..I know the mark up is in alot of things, I used to deal with imported car parts (mostly benz, audi, bmw) and the mark up's are crazy, in some cases places are making 100% profit back.

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
hey, so any ways, My P. Street is the only one in Connecticut, as i was told by specialized's sales rep for my area

Jmight..

Chimp
Jun 6, 2005
NC
hucker13 said:
If you would have read my latest post you would realise that no one cares.
..and I think you mean REALIZE.

oh and I did read your "latest post" and it says nothing about nobody caring :cool:

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
my P. Street is comin in tomoro.....

Is their any things i should watch out for breaking? or any thing that should be upgraded?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You may want to upgrade the brakes. And maybe a different fork because the stock one is a TANK.

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Bicyclist said:
You may want to upgrade the brakes. And maybe a different fork because the stock one is a TANK.

Yea, i was thinking the brakes too, maybe i'll get some avids...

Im probally not upgrading the fork because i want to run pegs in the front...

Any thing else besides the brakes to watch out for?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You may want to look for ways to lighten the bike up here and there. If you run rigid you may be able to run pegs, but you probably don't want to because otherwise you'd get a cruiser.

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Bicyclist said:
You may want to look for ways to lighten the bike up here and there. If you run rigid you may be able to run pegs, but you probably don't want to because otherwise you'd get a cruiser.
I can run pegs with the Marz DJ Street :rolleyes: , it 20mm thru axle has some kind of weird mount for them

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I know, I'm saying that you can save weight with rigid (it's not like the DJ Street moves anyway) and STILL run pegs. Sorry for my poor communication.

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005

Just got her today.....

Im takin out the gyro and putting in a odyssey linear slic cable

What do you think?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
I think I like it...It looks better in your photos than on the Specialized site. I am really wanting to go single speed, but where I live is just SO hilly..

Keep the Gyro for a bit. I'm sure the back brake works just fine. It'll look lame with the tabs and no Gyro.

I hate those Specialized pedals, but that's just me.

I hear it weighs quite a bit. If so you might want to get some MacNeil Ti pegs or similar. Maybe a Ti BB axle if it's possible.

Are those Specialized tyres? They could do with a bit more width.

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
I'd have to say i disagree about the pedals, their so sick
The tires are only 2.0, im probally going to get 2.3 or bigger hookworms
The bike weighs in at a 38 pounds, which isnt much, for me atleast

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Odd is he said:
I'd have to say i disagree about the pedals, their so sick
The tires are only 2.0, im probally going to get 2.3 or bigger hookworms
The bike weighs in at a 38 pounds, which isnt much, for me atleast
At the risk of sounding like a weight weenie, which I'm not, but you have a bike on the heavy end of the scale already - Hookworms are heavy ass. What about DMR Motots, Arrow Launchs, Holy Rollers? All great tyres and quite a bit lighter.

How does that bike weigh 38lbs? It doesn't look it.

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Im not sure how much it weighs, but the fork is part of the reason why its so heavy! but its bomb proof to say the least.....

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
Ha, those Canadians have it SOOO good! The 2006 P.Street available ONLY in Canada is black and has Avid V-brakes and some of the best grips I've ever used: the Specialized Enduros. Everybody else in the world's (Canadians included) except the US's available version of the P.1 Cr-Mo has BOTH BRAKES and the brakes are avid BB5's instead of Hayes MX2's. It still has the 24-26 wheel set up, but they screwed up the front brake cable so you have to do some work on it to use the gyro. It also has a Marzocchi Dirt Jam Pro, which is not as good as the Manitou Stance Static (or so I've heard) and the crank isn't as good as the US P.1 Cr-Mo, and it's a sort of khaki and black coloration, but hey, it has two brakes and costs a little bit less MSRP than the US P.1. Cr-Mo.

Oh, Odd is he, replace the brakes on the P. Street with Magura HS-33's and you've got rim brakes better than many disk brakes! You might want to replace the rims though, 'cause the HS-33's will break the rims if they're too weak. Just wondering, how does that thing wheelie? And how are the brakes? Eventually I might be able to pick one up at my LBS for around $400 or less.