Quantcast

Specialized Rock Hopper

ninja9

Chimp
Jul 28, 2004
Anyone know anything about Specialized Rock Hoppers? It's 15" -- I'm 5"2' (woman) and am thinking about buying it. How much should it go for?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Many factor can adjust the price:

New/Used
Year
Model (Rock Hopper what?)
Condition (if used)

I would start with the price of a new one and work back from there.

That is if it is the size you want and need.....

Any details for us?

I wouldn't pay much for a used Rockhopper, not that it isn't a decent bike. They just don't have much to hold their value.

ninja9

Chimp
Jul 28, 2004
RhinofromWA said:

New/Used
Year
Condition (if used)

I would start with the price of a new one and work back from there.

That is if it is the size you want and need.....

Any details for us?

I wouldn't pay much for a used Rockhopper, not that it isn't a decent bike. They just don't have much to hold their value.
Will find out. Used (allegedly 6-7 times). I'm a road biker who wants to expand my biking world. They say the 15" translates into 28" standover, and that's what I need.

ninja9

Chimp
Jul 28, 2004
RhinofromWA said:

New/Used
Year
Condition (if used)
She's asking $350. EIther a 2002/2003, women's frame.

Any thoughts?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
ninja9 said:
She's asking $350. EIther a 2002/2003, women's frame.

Any thoughts?
http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=5887&JServSessionIdroot=v7kifsys6j.j27003

Brand new they had an MSRP of $530 in 2003

http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=5763&JServSessionIdroot=v7kifsys6j.j27003

and $600 in 2002.

is this a local purchase? I would still test ride bikes or be fitted at a shop to so you know you are looking for the right size. The 15.5" frame might be to small for you. The geometery chart says the stand over is 26" and the top tube is already shorter than a mens frame. There is little way in getting around a inncorrect frame size.

But for the price it is definately worth a look. If it is clean offer her $300 cash. and haggle from there if you like. ;)

PS- I didn't find a good comparison for you on Ebay to see what the going rate for the bike is....
and
Only buy the bike if it fits.