Quantcast

spectacular day in the northeast for a road ride

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
An absolutely perfect day for a ride. Clear blue skies, bright sunshine, temp right around 70, the lightest of breezes, and fall foliage at it's peak. It doesn't get any better than today.

And now, details on the actual ride...

I hate riding the same section of road twice in the same direction, so I hate hill repeats. This is what I do instead. These are the three biggest climbs around, and all within about 4 miles of my house. I ride down the first hill, then back up, down the second hill then back up, and then down and back up the 3rd hill.

All told, about 18 miles, roughly 3000ft of climbing, and basically no flat spots. The entire route is either bombing down a hill, or suffering up one. But it's a good ride, and it'll whip you into shape in a hurry. In two places, the grade is over 19%.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
An absolutely perfect day for a ride. Clear blue skies, bright sunshine, temp right around 70, the lightest of breezes, and fall foliage at it's peak. It doesn't get any better than today.
Quite true! I'm still island locked but will escape to CT see trees in their natural habitat this weekend!:cheers: :banana: :cheers: