Quantcast

Spectrum techwear closeout!

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
awesome!! I am going to give them a shot. My problem with some women's shorts is that they are too short in the leg and when I ride DH, I get bruises/scratches/welts on my inner thighs from hitting the seat and rubbing against my leg-pads and such. These look a little longer so maybe they'll do the trick.

As an aside, I love Harlot shorts -- but they just don't cover enough leg for me (for DH purposes), unfortunately. :(

Last edited:
awesome!! I am going to give them a shot. My problem with some women's shorts is that they are too short in the leg and when I ride DH, I get bruises/scratches/welts on my inner thighs from hitting the seat and rubbing against my leg-pads and such. These look a little longer so maybe they'll do the trick.

As an aside, I love Harlot shorts -- but they just don't cover enough leg for me (for DH purposes), unfortunately. :(
I own a pair of harlots - they fit kinda funny - loose in the waist but a good fit through the hips and thighs.

So far my favorite shorts are my oakley men's board shorts!! But I bought a bunch of these so we'll give em a shot - I hope the mediums fit!

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
got mine today. I bought a size larger to fit over baggies. I really like them. They do run a little bigger than I expected but the quality is nice. I need to take them for a ride now. :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I really don't think they shrink after washing them, or at least mine didn't but I wash everything in cold. They do run big; the smalls are big on me, and I'm not a small. Not that anyone does but I wouldn't put them in the dryer, the BF tossed a pair of mine in and the elastic in the waist got all tangled around :rant:

I really don't think they shrink after washing them, or at least mine didn't but I wash everything in cold. They do run big; the smalls are big on me, and I'm not a small. Not that anyone does but I wouldn't put them in the dryer, the BF tossed a pair of mine in and the elastic in the waist got all tangled around :rant:
YEP they shrank!! Now if only they'd shrink UP and not just around. That's ok I brought them to the tailor to bring them up like 2 inches LOL. They are lined so I wanted them done right.

Still costing me less than half of retail! :monkeydance:

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
I think I am not going to shrink mine. They are big, but after taking them out for a ride yesterday, it wasn't that big of a deal and they fit super nicely over armor. I'm digging 'em. I've been fighting to find the perfect loose-fitting women's riding shorts forever, so I don't want to take any chances in shrinking these, if they indeed shrink. I don't need anymore figure-conforming women's mtb'ing shorts (e.g. zoics, fox, ...).