Quantcast

Spider bite anti-venom?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I think I got bit by a spider...or something freakin poisonous. It hurts like hell. Is there a cure for this or do I have to let it run its course?

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
Originally posted by Dog Welder
I think I got bit by a spider...or something freakin poisonous. It hurts like hell. Is there a cure for this or do I have to let it run its course?
Depends on what bit you. If it was one of the nasty spiders out in CA, I would be on the way to the dr to have it looked at. However, it if is just a normal spider no venom, that is severly poisionous to humas, the bite should respond to some water/ alchol (clean it) and anti-bacterial ointment.

But i am not a doctor, but I play one on the monkey.

:D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Most spider bites are just like really bad bee stings. If you are feeling sick go to the doctors, they probably don't have anti-venom but a steroid shot may help with the reaction.

Now if you got bit by a brown recluse you would not feel pain, but you might just drop dead in a few days.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
If it is REAL bad, I'd have it looked at.
Often there is more in a spider bite than venom.
Many spiders have flesh-eating bacterias in them that can
F
You up...

Someone posted a pic of it on here a while ago. Try a search.
Dude's foot was almost totally gone.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by -BB-
If it is REAL bad, I'd have it looked at.
Often there is more in a spider bite than venom.
Many spiders have flesh-eating bacterias in them that can
F
You up...

Someone posted a pic of it on here a while ago. Try a search.
Dude's foot was almost totally gone.
Run a Google image search on spider bite. Pics like this should inspire you to go see your doc.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by The Toninator
Brown Recluse is one bad spider. The smaller the badder.

and the above wound is an exaple of it's damage.
I live just north of brown recluse habitat. I will never move any farther south. The black widows around here are bad enough.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by The Toninator
Brown Recluse is one bad spider. The smaller the badder.

and the above wound is an exaple of it's damage.
That $hit creeps me out more than the pic of the open flesh wound. Spiders are the worst living creatures on the face of the planet.

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
Hey Dog, did you ever get it checked out?
Just curious.
Some of you may recall that I was bitten by a Brown Recluse about a year and a half ago. Yeah, it sucks, but the reaction all depends on the person...some people have little reaction to mosquitos, others have extreme reactions; same case with spider bites.
With treatment, most people don't die from the Brown Recluse or Hobo Spider (very similar to the B.R.). It swells up like crazy, is extremely sensitive to touch, most people experience nausea and fevers for a few days (those first days were miserable!), and it turns into a nice pustulating (sp?) sore that leaves a scar for a long time.
Basically it eats away the flesh. There's a bacteria in the spider's "venom" that breaks down the flesh of its prey so the spider can just suck up the goo that's left. So it's usually treated with a pretty strong antibiotic. How long it takes to go away depends on the person. Stopping the breakdown of flesh took about 3 weeks, and then the sore finally healed after about 8. On most people it leaves a nice souvenir, a lasting scar. It's still a little purple under my skin at the bite, but it's gone down quite a bit.

Now, I despise spiders. Any spider. Doesn't matter what kind. If I see one it gets destroyed...a lot.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
Ummmmm.....I don't want to be the one to burst your little happy brown recluseless world......but.........oh nevermind.
From the Virginia Tech Virginia Cooperative Extension.

"Brown recluse spiders are found primarily in the Midwest. Many cases of bites are reported from Texas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. The edge of its range just reaches the tip of western Virginia, but it occurs rarely in this state."

You may see a brown recluse around here but it would be extremely rare. But if you live in heavily poplulated brown recluse areas, there is a good change they are even living in your house.

Now let me go back to pulling off the legs of the black widow I found on my window sill.:dead:

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
Yeah, just because their habitat typically incorporates a certain region doesn't mean they don't exist outside that region. They're not supposed to be in CO at all, but I still managed to find one...in my f***ing bed no less!