Quantcast

Spin vs Spinergy Rev X (vs Spengle?)

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Hi, im gonna get some carbon/composite wheels for my xc project. and ive narrowed it down to the 8 spoke Spinergy Rev X, as seen in Pacific Blue, and the Spin 3 spoke molded wheelset. I cant afford new carbon wheels, and aerospoke's seem like a gamble with their unreliable hubs.

Browsing ebay for wheelsets, ive noticed that Spinergy is by far more common, but ive also noticed they fairly often have chips on the spokes, as if sticks and stuff on the trail has damaged them.. Im wondering if people who have used these feels find that they easily chip like this? or is it simple abuse that causes them to chip in the spokes?

Spin, as they are molded, have a much bigger resistance to this damage, but are less common to get.

I cant decide which of these i want more, so its basically gonna come down to what i can find in best shape, but i would like to hear opinions from experienced users of both these different wheelsets to help guiding me to the most reliable wheel.

Also, ive been checking out Spengle's three spoked wheel, does anyone know anything about these? they seem very rare and only found them once or twice on ebay.de, so they seem exclusive to europe.

thanks for all and any advice!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Not really...just get some crossmaxes, your life will be easier. Those plastic looking three and five spoke wheels aren't really popular in the US, only in Europe...

Aug 27, 2004
i just got a pair of spinergy spox....there super light...but i will have to let you know on the review part once i ride them if ya want...