Quantcast

Spring MonkeyFest 2005 at Pisgah NF

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i aint goin on no dayum beer run. i did however get my 5-10 impacts today and they are super dope

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
i aint goin on no dayum beer run. i did however get my 5-10 impacts today and they are super dope

They are gonna be running to the cooler/creek to get me some dayum beer godamint

patrickb

Chimp
Apr 4, 2005
I'll ride hills/mtns with you as I'm XC...and not too strong DH. Matter of fact, I ride my brakes TOO much DH.

My buddy Kyle is joining us. We leave ATL Fri. morning. See you guys soon!

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
A small group of us are meeting around 8:30am at BackCountry Outdoors (intersection of 280/276) to ride Dupont on Thursday. We will be in a rental truck with a blue Heckler in the back (along with other bikes). If anyone wants to join us.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
wooglin said:
So if by some miracle I was to get a day off and come up there with my rigid singlespeed, what would be a good day to find someone actually willing to pedal up a mountain with me? I know that's a hard concept to grasp, but give it some thought please.

:monkey:

I'm down, I'll climb, I just do so very slowly.

I'm not sure I'll be able to get off work the whole weekend....I'm hoping.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
motomike said:
I'll be doing some climbing also. hopefully, a lot of climbing.
Now we're cooking with gas....

T-Pirate said:
I'm down, I'll climb, I just do so very slowly.
I've seen that you climb. And I have no doubt you'll catch up on the downhills. :thumb:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
WKC said:
Hell yeah! I'm heading with a bunch of guys from Greensboro and I haven't gotten the details from them yet.
Ok, do you know where the "Ranger Station" is? That is the general area.

Here is a Map, the intersection you see is 280/276/64

We are staying in Davidson River Campground and the actual RMGathering is in one of the White Pines group. Either way, they are like a mile apart.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I wont be there til LATE friday night, and the 1x1 has been sold to fund the trip, so now Im on the Haro and thats it. But its not much of a DHer, so its alot of trails and trout streams for me...okay maybe a few shuttles.

Any other girls going? Mine is, and she's a total newb with a new bike, so I was hoping Laura or someone could help her out a bit.

On Friday, the Greensboro/Re:cycles crew caravan will be leaving from my house so we don't have to leave vehicles parked at the shop over the weekend. Departure time is 12:00 noon sharp. PM or call me for directions if you need 'em. -Brent 336.580.4724

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
brokeONE said:
We'll be shuttling Sunday possibly Sat. evening in pisgah. May have room for a few more.
Saturday is the big planned ride. It involves both shuttling and pedaling. :thumb:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Ok with a little cut and paste action I made a MAP & Description for Saturday's ride that is planned. It has everything. A fast open descent (Trace), a technical tight single track descent (top of Spencer). Some dirt jumps (end of Trace). Rock Gardens, fire road climbs, creek crossing(s) and a RIVER crossing.

I uploaded it on my Club's website, right click save as. RMonkey owners I used your banner, let me know if that is an issue.

http://www.clubmud.com/SERidemonkeyRide.pdf

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
night time shuttle on caney bottoms friday night so bring lights. also plan on sharing tents. unless people are there by themselves then no one should be in a tent by themselves. we need to conserve space.

Lwac

Chimp
Dec 5, 2001
Asheville, NC
An FYI from a local:

To those staying at Davidson - there is a loop towards the back end of the camp ground with a church and an access bridge across the river to 276. It is not open to cars, but would reduce your rolling time on the main road and a possible "hey you" stop at the main gate.

Bring your warm socks.

8)

Shuttle Smuttle - camp at Mills.

Crazy Camye

Chimp
Apr 21, 2005
Hey Yall Looks Like I am headed up younder as well (Very last minute ) From Raleighwood was wondering if there is any room left to pitch a tent or 2 in yalls site??? Gonna bring the HT and try anads get some miles in I assume yall will be mostly DH stuff? We will be leaving the area Fri. between 3 and 5 .(work dependent) is ther a contact Phone No. I can call ..That would be so awsome hope to see yall..Anyone from the Triangle headed up there Mark?? Tom??
Peace and Bike Grease
Camye
BTW tele fer me is 919-649-1075

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Crazy Camye said:
Hey Yall Looks Like I am headed up younder as well (Very last minute ) From Raleighwood was wondering if there is any room left to pitch a tent or 2 in yalls site??? Gonna bring the HT and try anads get some miles in I assume yall will be mostly DH stuff? We will be leaving the area Fri. between 3 and 5 .(work dependent) is ther a contact Phone No. I can call ..That would be so awsome hope to see yall..Anyone from the Triangle headed up there Mark?? Tom??
Peace and Bike Grease
Camye
BTW tele fer me is 919-649-1075

Just head out there, there will be room. Well make some.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Biggins Yeti spilled out a good mug full. MonkeyFest kicked ass this year. Too bad the groups got separated, but oh well, the ride on Saturday with Biggins was better anyways. Whe you gonna get pics up of the campsite drop and Swannanoa jumps up Biggins?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
What a freakin BLAST!!! So, I learned a lot from this weekend. Biggins swings the other way. Intense M3s can climb really well, I mean REALLY well. Mountain water is cold. Biggins is a girl scout. People from Florida like to go uphill. Monocoque frames do not float in the water. And we had the best group of people ever.

On the way home, we stopped by the Swananoa dirt jumps and attemped to rip it up. It was so much fun until some very bad happened. I'll let the suspense build up until the picture is posted.

BurleyShirley and Biggins are the mans for setting this thing up!

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Yeah moto. This trip kicked ass. The trails were awesome, especially since we stuck wit Biggins; and the Perry trail today kicked ass!! I had so much fun, especially making my downhill debut. Long travel rules. Skipping rear derailleurs at badass dirt jumps does not rule. Hey moto, you think that M3 kicks ass now just wait until your DHX gets dialed in!

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
well glad you guys had fun didnt have the time to make it other more important things came up so i couldnt make it. glad you guys had fun and glad that the m3 worked out awsome for you moto. next time your in town let me know and we will go ride averies and perry. peace out yall glad you had fun.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
motomike said:
What a freakin BLAST!!! So, I learned a lot from this weekend. Biggins swings the other way. Intense M3s can climb really well, I mean REALLY well. Mountain water is cold. Biggins is a girl scout. People from Florida like to go uphill. Monocoque frames do not float in the water. And we had the best group of people ever.

On the way home, we stopped by the Swananoa dirt jumps and attemped to rip it up. It was so much fun until some very bad happened. I'll let the suspense build up until the picture is posted.

BurleyShirley and Biggins are the mans for setting this thing up!

You must have mistaken the folks from FLORIDA! Why would you say I like going uphill? Do you mean going uphill in the trucks? :blah: Although the antics on the gravel road climb made it hella amuzing. :nuts: Where were the cameras when we needed them?

I really liked walking the 1.5miles back to our shuttle trucks in the SNOW when the gate to the Parkway was closed :nope:

What an awesome few days in Pisgah NC. It was topped off for me by that ride on Saturday. I am glad you guys had a blast shuttling on Sunday, sorry I couldnt make it. I was going to hit an early morning ride before we headed out but it was STILL snowing and like 29 degrees when I woke up. Brrr

See ya next year!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
girlscout12 said:
How much water will a Yeti frame hold?.................Anyone?
uh oh you are gonna die saturday.

nice name by the way.

it was good to meet everyone. big thanks to loonatic for driving that big ol' truck.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
uh oh you are gonna die saturday.

nice name by the way.

it was good to meet everyone. big thanks to loonatic for driving that big ol' truck.
hey! My truck was bigger!