Quantcast

Spring MTB Tour

Discussion in 'The West' started by syadasti, Mar 7, 2013.

1. syadasti

syadasti i heart mac

Rep/Likes:
    63 / 291
    I am bringing my Kiwi friend Pete on an MTB trip out West similar to the one I did back in 2007. Looking for some local riders and advice on trip planning/timing/weather. Right now we were thinking starting in late April or May for 14-21 days - rotating schedule of 2-3 days riding and then a day off (suggestions for off days would be good too. Starting/ending in Denver and aiming for rides in CO, UT, and AZ. Moab and Sedona for sure. I like the looks of Buffalo Creek's Blackjack, but Pete's not into that - this will be all trail riding. Have some riding friends in Denver, Colorado Springs, Flagstaff, and Phoenix though I'm not certain on availability without solid dates.

Thanks!

#1 -   Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013

Please register to disable this ad.

2. skyst3alth

skyst3alth Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    There's plenty of other way fun trails in Buffalo Creek if he doesn't want to hit BlackJack. And it usually melts/dries pretty quick so you should be in luck.

#2 -   Mar 7, 2013
  3. Ithnu

Ithnu Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Check mtbr: http://forums.mtbr.com/colorado-front-range/

Lots of activity in the Front Range forum and despite a few jokers like myself folks will share some good info. There is also a sticky on current trail conditions thread that is very useful in the spring.

#3 -   Mar 8, 2013
  4. Pesqueeb

Pesqueeb bicycle in airplane hangar

Rep/Likes:
    344 / 2,155
    :stupid:

I'll be honest, Blackjack is mostly above my comfort level, but there is a metric sh*t ton of other great riding to be had at BC.

#4 -   Mar 9, 2013
  5. syadasti

syadasti i heart mac

Rep/Likes:
    63 / 291
    Postponed for a year. One of the people who bailed bought tickets to HI and got another on the trip so will be going there instead.