Quantcast

Sram X0 trail brakes on 203mm rotors??

Gotobevil

Chimp
Sep 13, 2009
Hi guys,

I'm planning on buying sram X0 trail brake set (callipers and levers). I would like to run them my on current 203 mm rotors. These rotors are from a first generation elixir CR brake. Sram seems to mention that max rotor size for the X0s is 200mm. If I bolt them on my current adapter will it just work fine or do I need to buy new rotors and adaptors? Are the adaptors for 200mm and 203mm brakes the same?? If they are that would mean the thickness between the old elixir and the X0 calliper isn't the same...

Thnx for the advises folks!

GodSmack

Chimp
May 27, 2013
BC
Hi guys,

I'm planning on buying sram X0 trail brake set (callipers and levers). I would like to run them my on current 203 mm rotors. These rotors are from a first generation elixir CR brake. Sram seems to mention that max rotor size for the X0s is 200mm. If I bolt them on my current adapter will it just work fine or do I need to buy new rotors and adaptors? Are the adaptors for 200mm and 203mm brakes the same?? If they are that would mean the thickness between the old elixir and the X0 calliper isn't the same...

Thnx for the advises folks!
Add washers between the caliper and adaptor until the pads clear the caliper.

Andy

Chimp
May 5, 2015
Gotobevil,

Did you give the solution posted by GodSmack a try?

I am currently running Shimano Rotors on SRAM Guide brakes and am having the same issue with the 203mm vs. 200mm rotors.

Thanks!

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
Gotobevil,

Did you give the solution posted by GodSmack a try?

I am currently running Shimano Rotors on SRAM Guide brakes and am having the same issue with the 203mm vs. 200mm rotors.

Thanks!
its a 1.5mm overall difference, just use a spacer or two; you will be g2g.

ive done this when using a 180 caliper mount with a 185 rotor a couple of times now.