Quantcast

SST Friday?

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I'm heading down there Friday morning. It should be a busy day because everyone should be off work/school. So, if you're not going x-mas shopping and want to do some jumping/hucking, come on down! :nuts:

I'm going to own that second table, Andy! :dancing:

I'll post a time when I know it!

C'ya there,
Tom

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Damned straight you are, Tom! Aaren, Pip and I will be out there tomorrow...once I get my bearings back from several days of non-riding, I'll get to breaking her in for ya.
I think I'm going down there Wed. rain-or-shine as well. Shine I ride - rain I work on drainage, etc.
If all goes well, I'll have my new (used) fork hooked up by Friday!!:dancing:

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I might be there. Can't wait until finals is over. I just had a 16 page final in literature and tomorrow I have a 12 page history final, and a chemstry final!!! :help: I love school!!! :stosh:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
mserko1 said:
I might be there. Can't wait until finals is over. I just had a 16 page final in literature and tomorrow I have a 12 page history final, and a chemstry final!!! :help: I love school!!! :stosh:
School is a drag, but the time will come when you're stuck at the same 9-to-5 job and wishing these days were still around.
Muuu-hahahahahaha!!!:devil:
Just kidding...sort of. Good luck!!

Fire Rider

Chimp
Sep 15, 2004
Kent "Upper E. side"
Myself and several weather permitting friends will also be there on Friday.
Turkey Day rules. You stuff yourself then you fall asleep, you wake up, ya do it again. The downer part is waking up the next day, going for a ride and trying not to hurl leftovers :drool:. Actually it will probably make us faster.

Andy, I hope the dual crown works for you.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Rise and shine you flowpark junkies! Anyway, looks like a few of us are getting out there around 8am. Time to fix the tranny on the last drop...just down from the one recently fixed on the bottom-right. In other words, don't plow thru the caution tape or you're likely to get shoveled to death and used as filler.
Just kidding...but we may put you to work if you're not careful.:sneaky:

Hope to see some Monkeys out there!:D

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bikeguy100k said:
I'll be down there around 11:00. Let's hope the weather holds and there's no rain! :nope: :dancing:
If anything, a stray shower may hit. The satellite looked favorable...two systems - one looks to hit Everett-northward and the other looks like it's heading to NorCal-Portland ways. At least the "meat" of them.
I suppose there's one way to find out!:dancing:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Fire Rider said:
When you guy/gals show up look at the right line 2nd drop. We altered it. And the 3rd. stepdown. I like it, so its stayin!
Are you talking about the one we were going to mess with this morning? If so, thanks a ton, Polo! I'm anxious (the good kind) to see what you got accomplished yesterday.:)

By the way, if you're wondering why I'm still posting here when I should already be there, the other part of the crew I'm heading with is just getting out of the house in N. Seattle en route to my place...waking up issues or something.
So, 9:30 it is!!:eviltongu

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Five said:
AAAAAAARGH! I want to go :(
Yeah, Loretto - you are missed out there already. Hope the healing continues and at a rapid pace!!:)

Thanks for the help, Frank! We're coming back out tomorrow to fix some of the damage from today. I'm still saddened (but over it, really) you guys took that kicker out, but I plan on putting something worthy in its place. I just hope Pip doesn't behead Sean for doing that - I fear he will.:eek:

After I get some din-din down and swap the Psylo out, I have TONS of pics to post up - alot of them are NOT of the table or the stepdown, although I did get some good shots on those as well.:p

Andy

p.s. - Tom, you should have stopped by before you bolted today, as I had the rotor and bolts in my bag.
I'll keep them handy for the next time we meet.:o:

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
p.s. - Tom, you should have stopped by before you bolted today, as I had the rotor and bolts in my bag.
I'll keep them handy for the next time we meet.:o:
No worries, I'll let you know the next time I head down that way so you don't have to lug them around. My buddy was toast after his couple crashes and I was pretty freakin tired m'self.

I'm stoked to see the pics. I'd like to see you out there riding one of these days!

A quick Q for ya, just how many people out there are "authorized builders?" It seems like stuff is getting modified at a blinding rate. Is there communication between everyone?

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
it was not my idea to rip :stupid: that kicker out, i just helped. i think we could put something better there but the berm was needed more then the kicker. were gonna build a kicker(small) at the top of that drop so we can get some desent air, yet the newbies can still roll it and do the newbieness stuff, the drop just to the left of that needs a tranie, me and sean will do that to, we got big plans for that top half. cuz you know buy summer that thing will be rollable and WE CANT HAVE THAT! seans girl friend has a real mouth on her, but what ever "you put that in ill take it out and" and f this and f that and you suck, i was like o s**t.......... i need seans number you got it buy any chance?

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
That burm we put in should help, i have washed out to meany times there. :blah: 2 trees need to go!!!! that pine tree needs to go the one in the midle of the 2 drops off to the right faceing down. and the one tree at the bottom for the trail gap, it will work to.

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
did i see any of you there? i dont really know anyone, but i was the kid taking it kinda easy on the yellow iron horse (its better than the iron horse sunday anyways....) and whats with the thing where everyone just jumps in at the half way point now? course, i did it too, but it seems like everyone used to go to the top. thanks to all the builders and people, the trails were awsome.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Wigga said:
did i see any of you there? i dont really know anyone, but i was the kid taking it kinda easy on the yellow iron horse (its better than the iron horse sunday anyways....) and whats with the thing where everyone just jumps in at the half way point now? course, i did it too, but it seems like everyone used to go to the top. thanks to all the builders and people, the trails were awsome.
I kind of chuckle over the middle entrance myself - my favorite saying is "more fun for the run" as far as going to the top is concerned.:D
I recall seeing you there...I was the guy taking all the pics - somehow I didn't get any of you. If I did, they didn't come out too well. I'm still trying to get used to my digi. You were rolling pretty good from what I recall.:cool:

To A your Q, Tom - there are essentially 3 groups of people authorized to build (plus any minions we can round up on any particular day). There's the group I work with (Pip, Scotty, Sean and myself), Polo has a crew and so does Mike.
This time of the year is "building season", so there will be numerous projects happening at an alarming rate. Once it gets into spring, we are basically relegated to maintaining what's there since the weather is warmer and drier...thus the dirt is harder to manipulate. We didn't have these issues a year ago when we were starting this beast up - nobody knew of it so there were no masses of riders to co-exist with.

As far as the "trees have to go" thing - I really think we need to leave them where they are unless they are literally dying or dead. We have always been able to build around them for as long as I can recall. That's part of the challenge building provides.;)

All I know is the next time I'm out there (later today)...I'm riding. Must break in new addition to the DBR - forkage!!! I guess this means I should get some rest.
Good night, John-Boy.

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
can we by any chance trim acouple of trees? that area has a very high groth rate, due to the dominating tree's Aulder.(has a 1 year rot rate if even). the conifers in that area need to be kept at all cost.
But to the point me and sean want to make that area good, but dose the cross county and xc trail go that way? youll need to show me were they go.
and ugh my back is killing me.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I think Sean was showing me the area today - the area between the top left drop and the middle entrance? That is full-on XC trail area aside from the gap we fixed yesterday and the drop (which got a needed facelift today - might get more people starting up top again).
I've pondered a trail gap there often, but it's just too risky in all honesty. If that's not the spot you're referring to, then you'll have to show me where you're thinking and we'll take it from there.
Lineage is getting really limited and there are some congested areas throughout, so we're going to have to be really conscious of all aspects of new lines in relation to what's already there and how it will fit.
Amazingly after today, I only have a raging charley-horse. I should have sore ribs, shoulder, back and head. It helps to be able to crash smoothly (knock on wood).:)

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
Posted by: Corporatefailure
most likly the step down, and what time did u get there?
if ur talking to me, and i think you are, i got there at about 2:30, i was the kid with the yellow IH SGS.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
*begin stubborn assheaded agro builder mode*
yeah it was my idea to rip the kicker out on the left line...those who hit it said their peace and moved on...others agreed that it needed work...and the big complainers were those that NEVER hit it...GET OVER IT!!!
*end mode*

yesterday i redid the kicker and many said it rocks now. it was ONE afternoon without it...its amazing how many suddenly cared it was gone but when it was there, nobody bothered using it...well its back, so to those that insisted on making my friday afternoon less enjoyable by complaining to the heavens about it not there, GO HIT IT!! the tranny before it is brilliant!

ahh crap, i need to get my stuff together, gotta pick andy up soon for duvall...

-sean

ps - wigga, i was the one who asked you about your tires...so yeah, we met :)