Quantcast

SST sat 9/25

Sep 8, 2004
As per Mud mountain dam is concerned. I wouldn't waste your time. You COULD build there though. But right now its just a measly 2mile loop. Given some time and stuff, it could be built up. There are hikers and XC riders that use the trail as well though, so it'd be best to just create a new trail altogether out there.

Victor falls would be a decent place to build, if they weren't going to tear the whole place down and put houses in, like they are planning on doing.

There is a TON of land above enumclaw/greenwater. It'd probably be 'ok' to create trails in there without stunts, but I doubt the Forest Service would be happy if they saw 15' tall stunts and whatnot. They leave the gates open from ~may/june through early november. You can still bike in beyond them though. And certain roads, like FS75 aren't gated at all. FS74 isn't gated till about 7miles in, FS73 has a little ways, FS72 is gated at the bottom (at the highway) and the top, which is accessable via the FS70 road (first right after the big gravel pits), ETC.

Weyerhauser used to own a bunch of land in that area as well, but about two years ago it was sold to a investment firm. They sell passes for hunters and stuff, and do a little bit of logging. I bet that you could easily create some pirate trails up there, because there aren't a lot of people up there at any given time.

Just a few thoughts anyways.

-James.

jimbo_the_biker said:
As per Mud mountain dam is concerned. I wouldn't waste your time. You COULD build there though. But right now its just a measly 2mile loop. Given some time and stuff, it could be built up. There are hikers and XC riders that use the trail as well though, so it'd be best to just create a new trail altogether out there.

Victor falls would be a decent place to build, if they weren't going to tear the whole place down and put houses in, like they are planning on doing.

There is a TON of land above enumclaw/greenwater. It'd probably be 'ok' to create trails in there without stunts, but I doubt the Forest Service would be happy if they saw 15' tall stunts and whatnot. They leave the gates open from ~may/june through early november. You can still bike in beyond them though. And certain roads, like FS75 aren't gated at all. FS74 isn't gated till about 7miles in, FS73 has a little ways, FS72 is gated at the bottom (at the highway) and the top, which is accessable via the FS70 road (first right after the big gravel pits), ETC.

Weyerhauser used to own a bunch of land in that area as well, but about two years ago it was sold to a investment firm. They sell passes for hunters and stuff, and do a little bit of logging. I bet that you could easily create some pirate trails up there, because there aren't a lot of people up there at any given time.

Just a few thoughts anyways.

-James.
James,

Got any good lines spotted out? I'm down!