Quantcast

St. Jude Marathon - Memphis

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Just got back from the doctor ... no change ... next step is an MRI on Thursday. His guess is that I will need surgery.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Just got back from the doctor ... no change ... next step is an MRI on Thursday. His guess is that I will need surgery.
I guess all of the reaping and crushing of the souls has caught up to you.

Seriously though, good "luck" at the MRI. I hope that whatever happens, you're up and running sooner rather than later.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Update ... MRI on Thursday ... saw the Dr. on Tuesday ... there was some fraying of my meniscus on the MRI, but nothing "oh wow, you've got to get that fixed". There was some bursitis, but my Dr. was hesitant to think that it was the real problem. So, he gave me a cortisone shot. The pain is gone now. If it stays away after 5 or so days, then there is a good chance that it was bursitis (and the cortisone shot took care of it). I can run on Sunday and if the pain comes back, then I am looking at a date with surgery.

How are you feeling after the race MudGrrl? Interested in doing a good offroad marathon or 50k? The Berryman (south of St. Louis) would be fun.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
How are you feeling after the race MudGrrl? Interested in doing a good offroad marathon or 50k? The Berryman (south of St. Louis) would be fun.

I felt like a penguin with rigor mortis the day after the race. I went and walked around a mall to loosen things up. The day after that, I went for a two mile run..... and as awkward as it was, it actually fixed me right up back to normal. I also did some yoga.

So, I'm still in training.... I'm in the recovery stage of training.

I am going hashing on Sunday... so that'll be fun. I have been running, though, I have lost motivation because I don't have anything to train for.

I am sort of interested in doing something like a 50k... but I don't know where (I do believe we are moving). I have this thing about traveling to do a race, not my cup of tea.... but you can do it and let me know how it goes!

:)