Quantcast

Stage 11

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
There is a group about 15 minutes up with one Cofidis guy about a minute ahead of that. It will be interesting to see if he can hold....too bad I have to go to work :plthumbsdown: Priero tried to go off the front of the peleton, but they weren't having it.....I think they learned their lesson from 2006

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I actually thought the finish today was pretty exciting. It was not clear what would happen until the very end. People were taking shots from way out (making those guys completely bury themselves to stay in it), and it was a close finish. More interesting than a solo break or most field sprints IMO.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So much for taking back the Tour.

Now 2 riders testing positive. Ugh.
For once I think you could say the system might be working though. Both of the riders caught were targeted for testing because of unusual readings from the 'biological passport' program.

The Team Doc from CSC says the system is NOT working as it's only caught two mid level riders. He thinks if the Frenchie drug peoples would test the entire peloton they'd find 20-30% with EPO traces in them.
So that means 20-30% of team CSC is doping then too right, Doc?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
So that means 20-30% of team CSC is doping then too right, Doc?
Its not their team.....just 20-30% of the other riders :biggrin: I doubt the system is working very well; EPO can be effective for several weeks after use, but can only be detected for a couple of days....I bet there are lots of guys who took EPO before the Tour