Quantcast

Stage 16 Spoilers

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My boy Levi is on the attack. Wooo hooo. He will probably crack and end up losing a half hour but he certainly isn't going to get anywhere just hanging around with the rest of the boys.

Attack Mother ****er Attack!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Westy said:
My boy Levi is on the attack. Wooo hooo. He will probably crack and end up losing a half hour but he certainly isn't going to get anywhere just hanging around with the rest of the boys.

Attack Mother ****er Attack!
Beat me to it. Go Levi Go!!! Hopefully he can hold on.

He has 2:00 on the Landis'/Klöden/Evans group.

EDIT: Over 3:00 lead now... 5:00 behind Rassmussen... That puts him within striking distance of Evans. If he keeps it up he could be back in it for a place on the podium.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Good to see Rasmussen having a good day. Or, perhaps more accurately, the team giving him the go ahead.

I wonder, had he TTed better last year, if he would have been the team leader this year. I'm sure there's a lot more to team role than just a single TT, but that TT last year was disasterous.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
and its back together again.

There goes the genius of T-Mobile again. Rogers goes with the little attack and Kloden and Mazzoleni chase it down for Landis.

T-Mobile is the biggest bunch of dunderheads in pro cycling.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
DRB said:
and its back together again.

There goes the genius of T-Mobile again. Rogers goes with the little attack and Kloden and Mazzoleni chase it down for Landis.

T-Mobile is the biggest bunch of dunderheads in pro cycling.
I remember that from last year... I thought it was just the lack of success from Jan. But apparently it's bigger than any one rider - they just don't know how to work as a team.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Too bad for Landis. But from what I've seen, he's had virtually no support from his team. That's the one thing I remember about Lance's domination... he was always led out by his team so he could take over the very end of the race. I haven't seen Phonak do that sort of thing... seems like Landis has been doing a lot more of the work himself. Perhaps it's catching up to him now?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I can't remember when but a few stages ago Paul or Phil let out this little nugget.

"Riders seem to be getting tired this year, it is almost like they really aren't using drugs."

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
GOO RASMUSSEN!!!

Poor Floyd - he's going to have lost over 10 minutes. Yikes. Sastre and Kloden could be the men to beat at this point...

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Landis could do a big day tommorrow and a big time trail......10 minutes though, impossible with Sastre, Kloden, Evans sitting there though...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Hell.

If Landis had a team to support him, he'd still be in reach. Axel did a decent job of trying to do what he could, but he's only one man.

Doesn't look like Landis will see Yellow this year, unless something miraculous happens.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Did Phonak lose any riders to the Spanish inquisition....?
....used to be one of the strongest teams....

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
robdamanii said:
If Landis had a team to support him, he'd still be in reach. Axel did a decent job of trying to do what he could, but he's only one man.
If you don't have the legs, no matter how strong your team it ain't going to help you if you can't keep up. Floyd cracked. That is all there is.

Everybody seemed to forget how many times Phil and Paul said, "Lance has been isolated by T-mobile(Telekom), he is going to be in trouble without any help." Anybody remember how that worked out?

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Wumpus said:
If you don't have the legs, no matter how strong your team it ain't going to help you if you can't keep up. Floyd cracked. That is all there is.

Everybody seemed to forget how many times Phil and Paul said, "Lance has been isolated by T-mobile(Telekom), he is going to be in trouble without any help." Anybody remember how that worked out?
yep. Axel probably could have gained some time, but stayed with his leader.

8:08 back in 11th... Well, it was fun while it lasted...