Quantcast

Stage 16 Spoilers

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Silver said:
That was a brutal bonk. I feel really bad for Floyd.

Here's hoping for a miracle tomorrow and then a huge TT...
As tragic as it was for Floyd today imagine how Kloden will feel if Freir holds on to yellow. He would have lost the race because they sat up while Freir was on a breakaway. The Jan himself couldn't have ****ed it up any better.

Edit: Whoops Freir Ferero, who ever that Oscar guy with the yellow shirt is.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Westy said:
As tragic as it was for Floyd today imagine how Kloden will feel if Freir holds on to yellow. He would have lost the race because they sat up while Freir was on a breakaway. The Jan himself couldn't have ****ed it up any better.

Edit: Whoops Freir Ferero, who ever that Oscar guy with the yellow shirt is.

Oscar Pereiro (Caisse d'Epargne)

or

Oscar Freire (Rabobank)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Westy said:
Definately a class guy, no excuses like "my brakes were rubbing". A couple of my old school MTB friends raced with him back in the day and have nothing but good things to say about the guy. I couldn't stand to watch the end of the stage on my DVR.
I have told this story a hundred times if I have told it once...

Here in Western PA a bunch of years back there were a few good races at some local ski resorts. My friends and I would race the beginner and sport class and then hang around to watch the "Pro" class... one year as we are watching the Pro's first lap here comes this "nobody" out of the woods first... He pulls a wheelie, takes one hand off the bar and waves to the crowd as he passed the start finish line... I swear he did it on every lap... he was just having a great time playing around and riding his bike! He was a kid having fun and riding strong. It really enhanced the party atmosphere of the "Fat tire fallout" weekend.

What a great rider and class act. I know it will be tough for him but I hope it comes around for him and he can climb back into a podium finish!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I have a shot of him wheeling up a short steep climb. I was like big deal i can do that. Same race this line was over heard "full postal? who does that guy think he is LA?" hahahahhahahhhahah.
then noticed 3 or 4 underweight guys standing around laughing at the guy. then chechu comes through, knob. It was cool meetting all of those guys. I wish i had known a little more about the 'team'. cuz i had plenty of time to hang out and talk with them.
i got some cool shots of lance at the race too.