Quantcast

Stage 17 Spoilers

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
robdamanii said:
Floyd is 4:30 ahead of the yellow jersey group right now. Amazing he's got anything after yesterday, but it's testament to how tough he really is.
if it was a fueling/hydration issue yesterday then his muscles didnt work at thier Max.......so it is possible he is much much stronger today.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
GO FLOYD GO!!!!!! GO MF'ER GO!!!!
If he hold this lead it will put him in 2nd. HOLY NUTSACK!!!!!

Now saying if he gets the time bonus for sprints and stage win and holds a lead of 7:00 it will put him back in yellow... If he does it I am going to lose it right here in my office.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
douglas said:
now its just Landis and Sinkewitz, and Sink was the dude Landis talked to when he caught the break earlier...wonder what he said??
Probably something like "help me for yellow and I'll get you the stage win".

Again, do they get time bonuses for climbs or just for sprints?

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
He won't help him. Floyd is on his own. He's virtual yellow now if he can hold on.

There is time bonuses at the end of all stages except the TTs. 20, 12, and 8 to the top 3.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Holy chit. It will be a miracle if he keeps this lead, even if he doesn't they need to come up with a new color jersy for having big brass balls.

Attack Mother ****er Attack!!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
mogulskr said:
He won't help him. Floyd is on his own. He's virtual yellow now if he can hold on.

There is time bonuses at the end of all stages except the TTs. 20, 12, and 8 to the top 3.
Floyd's doing a pretty damn good job on his own it seems. Now if he keeps it up, those extra seconds could be worth gold.

I can't believe this can actually happen. If he keeps it together on the Joux Plane, he can certainly pull it out (even from 2 or 3 minutes defecit) for a podium.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
That last climb is going to suck for him and I'm sure T-Mobile will attack, I hope he can keep it together (he is at 9:00 now).

I think he dehydrated yesterday because he is apparently drinking bottle after bottle of water and dumping an equal amoun on his head.

Hes going Pantani on their asses. Hope he can hold on... I cant believe no one has chased him yet. Sounds like that dope move Phonak and T-Mobile pulled with Pererio. Not to take away from the size of Floyd's balls, I cant believe he can go so fast pulling those massive things up those climbs.

NOTE: I didnt know he could fly down the mountain like he does... he's apparently killing everyone on the downhill sections... which is good because I know he's going to lose some time on that last climb. Maybe he can make it back a little on the backside.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Floyd rocks!

" Tuesday: Yellow Jersey For A Six-Pack Of Beer...
After Floyd Landis regained the lead of the Tour de France at the top of L&#8217;Alpe d&#8217;Huez he decided that he wanted a beer to celebrate the moment. On the road down to his hotel, his team car pulled over and the American traded a yellow jersey for a six-pack of beer with a spectator."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Peloton is closing the gap a bit. Floyd will be hitting the last big climb soon. This one looks like a real back breaker. Will be a real show killer for some.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
Floyd rocks!

" Tuesday: Yellow Jersey For A Six-Pack Of Beer...
After Floyd Landis regained the lead of the Tour de France at the top of L’Alpe d’Huez he decided that he wanted a beer to celebrate the moment. On the road down to his hotel, his team car pulled over and the American traded a yellow jersey for a six-pack of beer with a spectator."
Awesome! Go Floyd!!!!!

In8Racing

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Trying to find some skillz...
Actually, I might get crucified for saying this, Floyd seems a lot more likeable than Lance and if he wins, I think it might be more dramatic...Armstrong just dominated so much, this is more like your riding buddy winning the TDF.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Holy crap... I can't believe what a lead Landis has. I sincerely hope he can hold himself together on the final climb, because this is a heroic effort.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
So he was hungover yesterday? That explains it.

This is friggin awesome. I can't believe they let him get up the road.

Let's not forget that the next climb is one of the few that caused Armstrong to crack. The other contenders should be worried.

Go Floyd!!!!