Quantcast

Stan's Strips and DS28s

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Hey all,

So I have received everything I ordered for my new wheels except the Mavic 721 rims. Turns out the rims are back ordered until April 18th. I already haven't ridden in a little over a month, so I'm dying to get back on the bike and I already sold my old DH wheels to help fund these new ones. I've been thinking about getting DS28s instead of the Mavics, but I ordered Stan's Rhyno Lite strips as those are the ones that fit the Mavics. Will these work on the DS28s? Thanks.
-Zack

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I can imagine they will, I used the Rhyno lite strips for my Easton Havoc AM wheelset(also 28mm width) and they seated fine and the tires inflated first try with a floor pump.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I've tried the DS28's and stans strips with very, very dismal results. A buddy tried and had the same experience. The beadlock system that Syncros uses does not work well with tubless conversions. I've been using Stans strips on various rims for the past 4 years and this is the first rim that I couldn't make work.

I also found the DS28 to be a very weak DH rim. I destroyed 3 rims in a month.

A better option would be Stans Flows if you're looking for a light UST rim that can handle DH use.

I've also had good luck with Sun Singletracks, and they are pretty cheap.